• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hey Ranger...

I wouldn't mind having one but newer trucks just have too much that is susceptible to the environment when it comes to actual offroading... tie rods, etc.

Now that my frame's plated where the steering box is, basically there's not a whole lot that my truck can get deadlined from doing... unlike that truck.

I've wheeled in my silverado... like actual wheeling. I don't do it anymore because it's an easy way to break the truck. Costs too much to fix.

they go for less than ten grand...
I've run this thing through some rough spots already and it does fine...

I wish it had the beadlocks still on it though...

yeah but try scuba steve-ing that thing up to just shy of intake depth and tell me what you get..

Intake depth on the blazer's about 4.5 foot or so... and all electronics that are in the rig are ruggedized and mounted higher than that.

yeah but try scuba steve-ing that thing up to just shy of intake depth and tell me what you get..

Intake depth on the blazer's about 4.5 foot or so... and all electronics that are in the rig are ruggedized and mounted higher than that.

Actually this thing has everything up high and extended tubes on the diff and TC vents. If you lived close to me, I'd meet you and we could see just how crappy this truck is....

I didn't say it was crappy I said

I wouldn't mind having one but newer trucks just have too much that is susceptible to the environment when it comes to actual offroading... tie rods, etc.

Now that my frame's plated where the steering box is, basically there's not a whole lot that my truck can get deadlined from doing... unlike that truck.

I've wheeled in my silverado... like actual wheeling. I don't do it anymore because it's an easy way to break the truck. Costs too much to fix.

like i said, i've baja'ed the crap out of my silverado, it gets stuck more easily, has a crapload of electronics that can get damaged, and basically isn't a good choice for medium/high difficulty terrain.

any Silverados regardless of motor that are an 00-current have too low slung of a body for adequate ground clearance, poor breakover angles, poor attack and departure angles, and they can't ford as much as something purpose built

once again, I've wheeled the everliving crap out of my silverado like a DUMBARSE. I should go take a picture of the side of the truck... self clearancing.. water coming up over the hood... buried to where I had to climb out a window.

they break easy wheeling and cost a hell of alot more to fix WHEN it happens.

I don't need high horsepower to go wheeling. I need reliable and able to go through anything.. and not get ticked if I self clearance or whatever.

Having said that, yes I would like one, it would be perfect to tow the blazer to the step-off point, or go get firewood with.. I need another pickup so I can try to keep the silverado in better shape... as it is i need to buy a transfer case, replace an idler arm, fix a front fender, get the bed fixed eventually... and then get my buddy to shoot a new clearcoat on it after it's all said and done.

I'd take it anywhere you'd take yours...you silvy itn't near as beef cake as this truck...I would never take one of my other trucks wheeling....that is dumb, I agree...The border Patrol, Army and others load these truck up heave and beat the snit out of them day in and day out, and they live to fight another day...

thats an ex-bp truck? I figured it'd be a cube by now....those guys trash their rigs....I should know, I play with them at the dunes...I've pulled a few out and visa versa....lol

Back