• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

help

carolinacountyboy

Reaction score
ok Help me i just replaced the oil cooler lines I blew out on thanksgiving day trip not easy but not that hard ok not the oil pressure switch is not working the check guage light is on should i replace the oil pressure sending switch and hole that is all it is any advice would be greatly appriciated :mad2:

I'd put a mech gage on it to verify oil pressure, switch, & lite weren't on before the line change but on now ??? Been my experience with things like low oil pressure, better to be safe than sorry,

i am gonna replace the sending unit and see if that its the problem i remember reading that tends to go bad i am not leaking any oil and donot use much ove rthe course of the oil changes hoping it is the oil presure switch is bad and i did not do any damage to the motor when i oiled the high way in clinton on thanksgiving when the line came off the truck i shut it down be fore it stoped running oh btw i moved closer to mississippi iam not in cali no more i am in sc now turbine used to chat with you onthe other site

I'd get a mechanical on it to verify the oil presssue. Most guys end up rebuilding the engine after blowing the cooler lines. (in the posts I've read)

Bearings might be toast.

Good luck and hope for the best.

Geezzz guys, I don't know...
Unless you figure all the damage is already done, I wouldn't run that engine again until I knew if it has oil pressure. I believe he would be better off spinning the oil pump up without running the engine and see if he can get any pressure. The bearings are probably pretty dry now and might not be happy with a load at this point.
Could be that the pump has lost all prime and won't come up for a bit. Could also be that the pump croaked - It relies on that oil film too ya know.

Back