• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help

Boozer68

Reaction score
Need help 93 Monterey Cobra 32 ft motorhome 454 with transmission went in Reverse put it in drive and now I cannot get it out of Drive are greased up everything and don't know what else to do I still cannot get it out of Drive

Hello 68, welcome to the truck stop.
One thing comes to mind, was the MH tires placed against a curbing before it was put into park ? If it was rolled into a curbing, blocks or some such, then pushed into park while there is still pressure against the wheels, that would cause it to be very hard to get it out of park.
If such is the case, block front and back of front tires so the MH cant roll, jack up just one rear tire and that will relieve the pressure.
This scenario can happen if it is parked on a hill too.
I imagine that this is a cable shift. Block front and back of all wheels, disconnect the shift cable from the transmission shift lever and see if the shift lever will then move out of park.
Thats a start.

I'd disconnect the shift lever and see if I can shift it by hand.. have someone inside start it and hold the brake. Could possibly be cable issue or shift lever

Back