• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

help with virus againnnn

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
firefox updated then crashed instinly. i need help with this again, i can get IE to work sometimes. i have macafee, malwarebytes anit male ware, and super anti spyware. no scans make it work. this is the email i got from firefox:

Dear Firefox user,

Some time ago you submitted a crash report and asked us to contact you when we had more info about Firefox crashing when you try to start it.

We suspect that your crash was caused by malware. You may have had this malware on your computer for a while and not noticed (it causes unusual search behavior) but it causes the latest version of Firefox to crash. You can read more about it here: http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?Name=Trojan:Win32/Sefnit.A

Unfortunately, this particular piece of malware uses random names and stores itself in random locations on your computer so we are unable to give you steps to remove it yourself. We recommend that you update your virus scanner software and follow the suggestions on our support site: http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Is+my...sult+of+malware#w_how-do-i-get-rid-of-malware

Justin, first off I would ditch the macafee and install Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials. Also go to housecall.antivirus.com

Microsoft Security Essentials did the job! thank you Bill!

Worked 2 years at a University Helpdesk.

Run Microsoft Security Essentials as a primary, but I suggest occasional scans with Malwarebytes Anti Malware and Combofix.

Back