• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help with uploading video

robzombie4551

robzombie4551
Reaction score
Can someone help me upload video by letting me e-mail it to them or tell me how to do it on you tube or?

Right now I'm uploading and it says 589 minutes till complete on 1.2 gig file.

I don't know computers that well and don't know how to compress the file to make it smaller.

TIA for any help.

Hi Rob -

It will not be possible to email a file that large... you would need to use a paid service like DropBox or YouSendIt, and even at that, it will still take you the same amount of time to upload it.

What did you use to take the video, and what format is it in? (looking for the .extension on the filename)

Jim

Try this, If I can do it anybody can.

Go to You Tube website:

http://www.youtube.com/

Upper right hand corner "sign in" or "create account". The new you tube accounts now work of Gmail or google mail accounts.

Once you get logged in upload video is the next link to click on. It is third from the right.

Once you click on the above link it will take you to a new page.

In bright yellow on the upper middle left side will be a link to click on that says upload video.

It will then pull the video directly off your computer and post it on the you tube website.

To put it on our site pull the shared link off you tube and post it over here on the post you want it on.

Need more detail, just ask

What did you use to take the video, and what format is it in? (looking for the .extension on the filename)

A video camera. Format [no clue]. Extension ? Extension cord maybe. I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff. LOL

I'm at 70% of one of the vids and hopefully will have it ready in ten minutes or so.

The other vid I cancelled the upload until I can edit it down to an acceptable file size.

I got one up but will try to get the better one up later.

Thanks for the quick responses and help everyone.

If I get jammed up or can't figure out the other one I'll post for more help.

Thanks again guys you're all awesome, thanks again.

Have you already solved your problem? There exist some free programs, where you can downsize your video a bit. Maybe a different format would help as well! Maybe you should also cut the video into some parts and then upload all of them as a single video on youtube. I think this is easier and you don't have to wait so long to get it uploaded!

Back