• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HELP WITH BOOST GAUGE ON LBZ PLEASE!

Oilfield_Mafia

Oilfield Trash
Reaction score
Hey guys I can for the life of me figure out where a vacuum line is to hook up the boost gauge on my LBZ.. ANYONE GOT ANY HELP ON THIS? Ive got my truck torn apart in the driveway running the rest of the wires for this 3 gauge install.. PLZ HELP.. LOL

Thanks!

Ya thats where I put mine! On the boost tube next to the alternator. I removed the tube to drill and tap and put the fitting on the back side of the tube so it wasnt noticable :thumbsup:

Thanks ya'll... I had a local shop weld the bung in the trans pan and drill/tap the manifold for the Pyro.. Guess I'll run back over there today and have him drill/tap that tube.

Make sure he tightens the boost tube boots:hurray::smile:

Lol.. well, I had it drilled and tapped and I pulled out of the shop after he had closed for the day, and HOLY CRAP man that truck smoked like I never seen! I had NO POWER, and LOTS of smoke.. and every time i stepped on it i heard what sounded like the BADDEST shop vac under the hood..

Low and behold, i limped it home, and the boot was not on the lower IC tube.. no biggie, got it fixed and now ive got boost and EGT gauges hooked up.. but I lost the freakin wires to my Trans temp gauge.. :incazzato:

I hate when that happens.. Im gonna go buy a tap & dye set so i can just do it myself from now on..

Thanks for the help guys.

Ya its definatly easiar to do it yourself sometimes!!

I know what you mean about the shop vac! I was driving my Kodiak rollback with a CAT turbo motor. I was going up a hill one day and I heard a loud explosion noise in the front of the truck that sounded like my tire exploded! I limped the truck up the hill got out and the boost tube blew off... Scared the :shiiiiiite: out of me!! :skep:

Back