• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help removing Boost Fooler/Barometer

Dan Hunter

Truck Terrorist
Reaction score
Since I chipped the truck, I wanted to get rid of the potentiometers.

The MAP was easy; the Baro not so much. Does anyone know the what the three wires going into the Baro do? I'm presuming one is input, one is output and the other ground but the way I have it wired to the potentiometers it doesn't make sense.

Are you talking about the sensor on the intake (Baro/Boost) or firewall (EGR Control Pressure) Sensor? I know that with the intake mounted unit out of whack, mine was coding and I can't imagine there being that much of difference, even OBDI vs OBDII, if the thing was missing?
For OBDII, the Boost pressure sensor on the intake has Grey, Lt Green and Black wires all running to the PCM:
Grey = 5v Reference Pin D13 PCM
LT GR = Boost Sensor Signal to Pin C14
Blk = Sensor Ground to Pin B12

For the EGR sensor on the Fire Wall, has are Black/Grey, Grey, Black wires all running to the PCM too:
BLK/GREY = EGR Control/Baro Pressure Sensor Signal at Pin C12
Grey = shares the same 5v Reference at Pin D13
Blk = shares the same Sensor Ground at Pin B12

Not certain where the wires run on OBDI other than they most likely feed the PCM in similar a similar manner to allow it to control the truck in some Draconian/Orwellian manner. I can't read the schematics you posted very well, sorry for my tired old eyesight.

Hope this helps you out. Hope it helps someone out...

I'm going to ground the black line, hook the other two up to the BARO by color and see if I can keep the check engine light off.

6.5 wiring 1.jpg6.5 wiring 2.jpg

Back