• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help - no wait to start, no glow plug, no sts, & no check engine light

Chevypoor

Reaction score
Soooo the latest from Gertie is the motor is in. Got everything screwed in and started trying to get her to start. First hit of the key no glows but check engine light, service throttle light all work. After that glows are cycling like they should. Then after about 5 or 6 cranks I lose everything, no noise, no nothing just gone. I have no SES, STS, WAIT TO START, or GLOW PLUG lights. Check the ecm 1&2 fuses. They are fine but I swap new ones in anyway. No dice. Swap computers still nothing. Check the grounds on the back of the block and find one has come loose from the but connector ( this was the only wire they cut when the PO attempted a gas swap ). I think eureka. Found the problem. Use a nice neat heat shrink but connector and still nothing. Moved the ground so it is bolted in direct contact with the ground strap thinking that might help. Nope. I have tried wiggling the key and vigorously working the tilt wheel nothing. Pull the column apart and checked the wires coming from the ignition switch. The outer red wires are hot key off. The rest are hot with the key on except the yellow wire which is hot when you crank. And to top it off the lift pump runs continuously now with the key on. Tried swapping the lift pump relay and it will not shutoff unless the key is off or the relay is gone. Is my ignition switch bad? What fresh #$%^^@ is this? I even took the underhood fuse box apart thinking corrosion or a loose wire. Everything looks fine. She cranks like a champ but the computer is not getting power and it is not sending a signal to the DS4. Anybody got any thoughts? Stumped at this point.

Fusible link failed?

Turn key off for 30 seconds minimum to 'reset' the computer otherwise it stays alive and the SES STS lights become random.

Turned out to be one of the grounds was not hooked up. :eek: :rolleyes5: I had checked several times even looked at the other 95s and on the 50th re check I found it. She fired up with a little coaxing! :)

Back