• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HELP no start after shim mod!!!!

onesmokinduramax

Reaction score
I just got done puting 2 shims in my truck got it back together and was going to do a bottel test got ever thing hooked up and now it will not start... What could this be????

I took it back apart took the shims out put it back together still will not start.Then i tryed to prime it by the fuel filter still will not start. Just sits there and cranks...

Please some one help me out here...

Could you give some more detail on your truck like year any other modifications? More than likely you have lost the prime.

Are you getting clear diesel (no air bubbles) at the bleeder and the bleeder is tight after priming? Also you can try once you have primed close the bleeder and pump the primer till hard. This can push a air pocket trapped between the filter and CP3.

You can also try and pressurize the fuel tank to push the fuel

You can have a slug of air AFTER the filter head which the regular prime WILL not remove. Close the bleeder tight and pump,pump pump the plunger. Repeat

Thanks I got it runing I had to call Dan at PPE and he waled me thur it... but just wanted to say thanks for trying

Mark

Back