• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help me identify this noise?

Max Attitude

Typical White Person
Reaction score
It's been doing this for a while and I've checked intake connections and they all seem fine. I get a noise hard to describe. It goes whirrrrrrrrrr when I'm on the throttle about 1/2 and up. I made a video... a little hard to pick it out but you can hear it. It starts at about 8psi boost and quits at 18-19. It almost sound like something is leaking and when it hits 18-19psi it closes off or gets sucked shut. :skep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y5X7L627U4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yeah its pretty hard to hear...you can notice a little when I let off at the end. I can probably pick it out better because I know the sound. Thanks for at least letting me know you couldn't hear it. :) I know the mechanic that works at the dealership near me...ill have to try to swing by his house.

Figured it out, hole in my inter-cooler boot... probably caused by my broken motor mount. The motor lifts at least 6'' on the drivers side. That would probably also explain my shaky shifts. :rolleyes5:

Ah, she'll be okay. Probably gonna go with a PPE boot and there's a nice diy on duramaxdiesels how to fix the factory mounts. Basically drill a hole and put a bolt through the middle. Hopefully I can get it back together before the local truck pulls next Friday. :)

Back