• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help In Chattanooga, tn

thedrip

Reaction score
Actually not strictly diesel related. My 1995 Dually needs a new front end. Control arm bushings, ball joints, all the steering bits. I bought all the parts already. Doing it in my driveway (at the top of the hill) just doesn't seem to be as good an idea as I thought a month ago.

Looking either for space to work, or someone to just do it for me.

If I haven't made it out into my driveway to start the work, I just don't see growing the desire to do it. That, and the idea of a 1580lbs/in coil spring scares me.

I live in Chattanooga proper, no problem driving a ways though. Beggars go to where the people are, not the other way around.

If you have a 94-95 6.5, we can have a little chat about some of my chips and adapters I have laying around.

Which control arm bushings?

I have replace my upper control arm bushings, upper and lower ball joints and did not have to worry about the coil spring.

Upper and lower. now I'd added front shocks and rear spring shackles.

previous owner installed lowering shackles, and the overload springs sit hard against their pad now, so the truck rides like a brick. even more so than a dually truck already does.

Upper and lower. now I'd added front shocks and rear spring shackles.

previous owner installed lowering shackles, and the overload springs sit hard against their pad now, so the truck rides like a brick. even more so than a dually truck already does.

If you have to mess with the lower control arm bushings than you have to jack around with the coil spring.

You will also need a press to get the upper control arm bushings in and out.

I also rented a ball joint press for the lowers. The uppers are factory riveted in. After that they use bolts.

Back