• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HELP! Coming out of gear shorty range inhibited abs service brakes

Oknollenberg

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Silverado Lbz with compounds pipe exhaust manifolds trans built by Maryland Kessel with recon torque converter. Efi tunes by Cory wills180xxx miles maybe 60xxx on all aftermarket

About a month ago I was driving the truck cruising and it momentarily popped out of gear it shouted neutral on the dash then went back into gear and drove like nothing ever happened. When it happens the Speedo drops the abs and sneaks light come on and the dash says service brake system. It keeps doing this over and over randomly but mostly happens now if I put my foot down in it. When this happens it slams hard into neutral every thing drops as stated above and then it goes back into gear. I have searched for wiring for weeks and can’t find anything. Any help or suggestions to cure this ASAP are appreciated.

Check your transfer case for excess play in the output shaft. This happens quite often when the transfer case fails from pump rub and the low oil level that comes after. When the shaft gets loose, the speed sensor cannot read the output shaft speed, and you lose everything that needs that speed signal. Getting on the throttle makes the shaft walk in the case increasing the sensor clearance.

Back