• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HELP! "Camper" door emblem

Mongo

Reaction score
Hello,
Just purchased a 1972 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe Camper C20. 68,750 original miles (V8 / 350) and very little rust. I am restoring this truck for my wife and need help finding original emblem that goes above the door handle. I believe it is supposed to be a "Camper" emblem but I can't find them. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, would appreciate suggestions for headers and exhaust. Exhaust is the one place pipe has rusted out hole. Not looking to set off car alarms or hot rod. Want nice sound and some performance improvement over OEM.

I'm new to working on cars, so all the help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mongo (John)
Mel Brooks was way ahead of his time.Profile.jpgPXL_20210222_223627601.MP.jpgPXL_20210209_203513358.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to The Truck Stop. I wish you well on your search, this is the only thing I could find on the website that i have provided a link for. Looks like it might be hard to get. Look midways down or further on the web page.

Shopping :: Manes Truck Parts

Its a rainy day outside, I will continue to look, I do like a challenge finding things on the net.

Maybe one of these?

Also look at: https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/1967.72.chevy.gmc.truck

On Headers- dont try to save money. There are more headers to fit that engine than any other engine ever made. Many less to fit that truck. Cheap ones will create leaks, be hard to fit (maybe require you denting it), and fail in a few years. Buy the best you can afford. Who used to be best 25 years ago maybe changed (when i last played serious with small block chevy) so get the top 5 people say and call each company asking why theirs over the next 4- that salesman should know his competition.

Don’t over tighten the collector bolts (connects header to exhaust pipe) this is a common mistake that bends the flange.

The entire exhaust system, stainless steel is best. Looks good and lasts the longest.

Nice truck, enjoy!

Maybe one of these?
Tried, but nothing. I just hope I am right and it is supposed to be "Camper." Hopefully someone has one out there and can show a pic.

Back