• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello forum. Bob here

Found a couple wiring diagrams.......was going to post them and then realized it violated the copy write. However you can go there yourself and get them for free http://www.wilsonautoelectric.com/TSB_Database_License

When I looked up 1992 6.5 the wiring diagram had 6.2 in the top right corner so you might want to look at the 93 6.5 as well. Either one should be close enough to get you started down the right path.

Hello. I have tried to order the wiring diagrams and even called this company last week and they have never registered me ! Did it take some doing for u to get it ???

No. It was just name, maybe email.... then that I was a do it yourselfer, and I agreed to the terms which basically said don't sell them and don't re-publish them.

so on the screen that comes up when you click the link, click on the wiring diagrams button.
It should take you to the terms and conditions page. (or it may take you to the login page...can't remember and since it remembers my computer I can't go through the whole prosses.) But there should just be those two pages one where you agree to the terms, and the other where you enter your name and say do it yourselfer. Then it should remember your computer and when you go back to the original link and click wiring diagrams it should let you in

If you continue to have trouble let me know.....it is NOT the easiest laid out site I have seen

@Bobrl
I missed a clue alright!!! I went back and re read this thread.

DONT TRY RESTARTING TRUCK.

You said “MILKY FUEL” drained out of the filter.
That is water in the fuel. Injection pump and injector killer!
Not to mention hard starts, stalling, no run conditions.

Drain all the fuel and discard it, tank full and all. $100 worth of lost fuel is way cheaper than new injection pump.
Drain the tank, flush line with new fuel using lift pump. What i do is add 4 gallons in the tank and have a few friends help me imitate an earthquake shaking truck. Then pump that out as waste. Then a new filter, and have new fuel pump through the drain valve.

Now another jerry can of new fuel, prime new fuel filter, and THEN restarting truck.

If you had enough water to turn fuel in the filter milky, the rest if the fuel is crap.

Man, sorry I didn’t catch that first go around-

Hello. Thanks for responce. The fuel i drained off filter , in last post was cloudy, couldnt see thru it! Let container sit a couple days and it was then clear, no milky look and cant see any water in container at all. Does that mean anything?? I have purchased new lp, ops, Leroy diesel ops mod harness and have not installed any of it yet!!!! Thanks!!!

Water in fuel.
Back whwn Diesel fuel was just an oil, you could draw a sample and let ut sit. The water would separate from the oil given enough time.

Now, all diesel has an alcohol based fuel cut into it. The alcohol can mix with water trapping it into the fuel.

The best gm fuel filter can absorb and seperate about 1Tbsp of water before it is saturated and no longer functioning.
If you mix 1 Tbsp of water with 1 gallon of diesel, it is not enough to get a milky appearance.

Once you can see diesel fuel with a milky appearance it is beyond rescue unless you refracture the fuel in a chamber then run through a distillery.

Forget air in the lines for this scenario. Think water in fuel and damages it can cause.

Back