• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello, All!

Welcome! I feel for you with the cooling issues, there is much info on the page about different approaches to cooling mods and my 6.5 powered Burb had me seeking better cooling options too... Over the years aftermarket came up with cooling mods/kits that work better over the stock setup then there is the poor airflow into & out of the engine bay. There are those on this page who have been trough cooling system hell w/their 6.5 td's and have good ideas while I went to sealing the cooling stack so air does not flow around it at speed, venting fenders, and experimented with venting the hood and finally settled with sealed cooling stack, vented fenders, water
pump bypass restricter and water less coolant in the end.. I suggest you study the pros/cons of water less coolant then decide if its for you...good luck there.

My $.02; Great experience with Evans coolant. It's a very common coolant type for stationary engine use; no corrosion and no pressure among the advantages. Initial Cost is the big problem, then it's not common and hard to find most anywhere if you lose some while repairs or upgrades are being done. Just ONCE add water to get out of an emergency in the boonies, and it screws the whole idea. More money.

I used brass plumbing fittings from 'hd' hardware, tees and to eliminate the quick connect fitting. Welcome aboard. ...SO many mods and upgrades. 'Bullet proof' is almost possible, depending on the bullet and weapon.
Love our Burbs, this is our 3rd.

Reactions: DMT
My $.02; Great experience with Evans coolant. It's a very common coolant type for stationary engine use; no corrosion and no pressure among the advantages. Initial Cost is the big problem, then it's not common and hard to find most anywhere if you lose some while repairs or upgrades are being done. Just ONCE add water to get out of an emergency in the boonies, and it screws the whole idea. More money.

I used brass plumbing fittings from 'hd' hardware, tees and to eliminate the quick connect fitting. Welcome aboard. ...SO many mods and upgrades. 'Bullet proof' is almost possible, depending on the bullet and weapon.
Love our Burbs, this is our 3rd.

Actually, any added water can be boiled off @ a later time however the performance of the EVANS w/water will not be the best until the water is removed and boiled off, I had a go around with their tech on this same issue.........

Back