• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HEEEEELP

The driveshaft angle might not be that bad, but the pinion angle in comparison to the output of the transfercase might be really bad. Do you have the proper wedge shims in there to set the pinion angle back to stock?

I went to the dealer and looked at the truck....the angle of the rear diff is def higher than I thought it was when I put the blocks in...much more noticable when its on a lift and eye level...the rear u-joint was actually rubbing on the outer housing of the diff when torque was applied to it....one of the techs at the stealership suggested a local repair shop that also happens to be a BDS dealer and installation shop...went to them and they are going to remoove the rear half of the drive shaft...send it to fleetpride to have the damaged portion cut off and a new section welded on...then they will shim the rear end to allow for proper pinion angle and re assemble everything with all new u joints....they say the bill should come to less than 400...and they will stand behind the work.....dealer wanted 460 for the drive shaft, 150 to install drive shaft, and 150-200 to shim rear end....

Was the rear truck hanging on the lift or was it a drive on lift. If it was hanging it would be exaggerated being unloaded.
The case is moot I guess as you have it being repaired at a fair price.

Just make sure it is done with the air bags inflated to the pressure you will be using to get it right and have no further problems in the future.

Good luck Rob.

It was on their alighment rack...so normal suspension load....air bags will only be used for load leveling...not to increase height of ride...thank for all the help and ideas

Glad you got a good direction to take Mike. That's gotta be a load off your mind...

Back