• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heavy load for a 2500HD LBZ?

big block 88

Big Block 88
Reaction score
Here is a new arrival and now 2 days later a new departure. Not to bad for a 3/4 ton ehh.. To bad dad is doin all the drivein, he has been haulin 2-3 a week here for the last 2 months. I know I will be haulin a few on my next R and R. Isn't it great to have kids so you can pull the guts out of there trucks when they are gone.:thumbsup: He reported 17mpg when tuggin these at 65 on the highway. And yes the tune is out right now. Alli may go boom with it in.

Attachments

• DSC00113.JPG
    DSC00113.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00117.JPG
    DSC00117.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 56
that is some haul and dam that is great millage too. i cant even get that going 60MPH on cruise control with my 6.0L.

Here is a few more for you there are a few in the feild awaiting to be restored 2 have sold already, farmers, hunter, fisherman all seem to love these things, we are keepin one of the Box units for our selves, to be converted into our go anywhere campin rig.:eek:

Attachments

• DSC00115.JPG
    DSC00115.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00116.JPG
    DSC00116.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 43
Umm... it ways alot... it is over 17,000 with that box on the rear it is 1/8 inch plate so it is heavy.

I would have thought it would have weighed a little more than that. I hauled an International fleetstar dumptruck and it weighted 15,000.

garageimage.php

Last edited:
It is very possible that is a huge chunk of Iron, I am just throwin out a guess though he avoided the scales so we don't know the weight.

Nice load man!!!
and WOW on the mileage!!!!!
That is amazing the he gets 17 with a load like that, I would have to assume that the driver has a lot to do with that...

Yep the old man takes it pretty easy on the trucks he called me when he was doin the first pull because he felt bad, but it was 1430 when he was pullin so when he called it was like 0100 here in the sandbox.

All those in the pic are sold now I am told my dad and our local dealer teamed up to buy and restor then sell these trucks. The problem is everyone with a farm or quary is comein up buyin before they get restored. Farmers lovem because of th PTO's and there unstuckableness (i think that is a word) rock quaries loveem because the can pull or haul just about anything. Hunter are buying th ones with the big box on the back to convert into go anywhere campers. Which is what I am goin to do to our M109 Box truck duece.

I bought 2 front axles out of 6X6's like those for my S-10 project. Each axle alone with wheels weigh around 950-1k each. Those trucks are heavy!!!

Back