• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heath parts WOW!!!

mmcna

Recruit
Reaction score
I have owned this Suburban for almost 1 year. When I bought it, the exhaust,deep tranny pan,and gauges (boost,tranny temp, and pyro) were already installed. :smile5:
So I finally talked the wife into a few things.
Order of install: 1)turbo-master (made big difference in smoothness)
2)Heath HO lift pump (sounds alot better than old one)
3)PMD w/ #9 resistor (daytime running lights started working!)
4)Heath GL4 - all I can say is WOW!!
The GL4 solved the defueling issue I was having because I was running 12 pounds of boost with the stock PCM. My next items to do are replace the master cylinder and the CDR. I also have recent rebuilt the brake system.

What would be your next move if this was your truck???
Injectors??
A-Team Turbo??
FTB??
anything else???

I am rambling on but I am so excited that this diesel has came to life!!!!!!!:smile5::smile5:

next would be heath hi flo crossover, downpipe and super flo exhaust.
( and if you take that out, it would be a good time to do injectors and glow plugs if you need to). if you just bought the turbomaster, the A team turbo would make that obsolete.

believe me.

the stock downpipe is a joke, like someone beat around on it with a hammer and the superflo sounds so sweet, will try to make a video tomorrow and post ....

Forgot to mention that it does have a 3" downpipe. The kitty is missing some internal material.
My crossover measures about 2 3/8" OD, I do not know how exhaust pipe is measured, ID or OD. There is no rust on it at all. I would assume that it was replaced at one time or another.
The IP was replaced about 20,000 miles ago(PMD issue?) and the glow plugs also.
I love this 'burb it is an awesome pulller and I can haul the 4 kids and the wifey around with extra room.

It's not real sexy, but if you don't know the actual number of miles on your injectors, I'd change them. Or at least pull a couple and have them tested.

It is pleated. How much of a difference does changing the TDC offset make. I believe there is a couple a shops fairly close to me that have a TECH2. I have read many things about the offset being change but just can not decide if it is something I want to do. Timing chain next year hopefully.

Would like to get some 2500HD rims this year, I think those look really sharp on any truck in our body style.

If you have done other upgrades, like a 4" exhaust and injectors and increased the fuel input like you have with GL4 and #9 resistor then advancing the TDCO to close to -2 can add a good amount of off the line quickness, the PCM accepts values from +/-2.02, but I think standard is about -0.5. Although advancing mine makes it run idle less smooth.

I would still get a mandrel bent crossover pipe. Heaths is the best I have seen, even though it costs a little more it is really 2.5" all the way, because they expand the ID instead of compressing the OD of the other pipe where they come together. If the one you have was a dual pipe the inner one may be crushed inside

So, congrats. Can you describe the changes the GL4 chip provided? Anything quantitative - i.e. timing, 0-60, EGT, etc?

Thanks,

Rob :)

Tranny shifts are crisper, more top end, a little more grunt off the line. Have not drove it enough to test milage or to check EGT changes. I am VERY HAPPY with it, would advise anyone considering one that it is a very good product. After doing the few upgrades I have I hope I can help other people maintain and improve their rides.:smile5::smile5::smile5:

Back