• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heath GL4 program

chrisk1500

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just got done installing Heath's new GL4 chip.

The GL4 is the HP4 engine programming with an extended glow cycle for those of us in colder climates, guys with low compression engines, and those of us with older 6.5s that are maybe a little long in the tooth and need the extra heat.

So far the engine starts nice and smooth - next to no smoke for this old 6.5 :thumbsup:

Chris

I ordered mine last week. I'm looking forward to it, too. I'm really curious about the torque convertor lockup portion, too.

Phone Ian or Bill and ask them about it. I'm not sure when they were intending on putting it on their site.

I just stopped by Heath Diesel last week and Todd installed mine. Cranked up my turbo as well.

What a great upgrade. No more codes and I can now officially go up any hill at any speed. I pulled out of Seattle last night heading up Snoqualmie pass and had to slow down for the turns. Boy does my turbo ever sound nice.

Thanks Heath!

So if you have a good turbo sound, is a larger non oem crossover necessary?

if diesels like to breathe, yup it's necessary. is it needed is yet another question. i have a warpspeed x-over. and i like the drive up the snoqualmie pass. i went up there last nov. i was surprised to see so many vehicles wiped out. and the biggie, I was following a semi and all of a sudden i saw huge sparks. nothing like i ever saw before. then the lights on the trailer went out and it turned out the trailer dropped off the back of the rig. at 9pm and dark out it was quite a light show. i then did a u-ball and parked facing oncoming traffic with the hazzards on and flashed headlights at oncoming vehicles to prevent them crashing into an unlit semi trailer. Ed

Back