• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heater hose replacement

Somewhere along the line, I am almost positive that hose was mentioned which NAPA was supposed to carry which has a coil molded inside the hose. I'm unable to find the link at the moment. I stopped at one of our local stores today and they said they had no such item. They did, however, show me some 5/8" formed hoses that I could connect to if I needed a custom route. That could be handy in the future.

I personally run the OEM style. if yours it messed up from someone messing with it, both the 92-95 and 96+ part numbers are still available, genuine GM through rock auto for like $75.

call me paranoid, but i like the way the factory hose routes near that downpipe, not sitting against or rubbing on anything.
fresh orficed quick connect and im good for 20 years. not a perfect system, but I dont think its as bad as made out to be.

I personally run the OEM style. if yours it messed up from someone messing with it, both the 92-95 and 96+ part numbers are still available, genuine GM through rock auto for like $75.

call me paranoid, but i like the way the factory hose routes near that downpipe, not sitting against or rubbing on anything.
fresh orficed quick connect and im good for 20 years. not a perfect system, but I dont think its as bad as made out to be.
All I am seeing is bulk hose that can be cut to length. Must be missing it?

The bend in the bulk hose in the pics is not as close to the down pipe as it seems in the photo.
It is a safe distance away or else I would have done something different.
Copper tube can have some real clean sweeping bends in it too without causing a lot of restriction.
An old school bus I once owned had copper tube plumbing.
I did make a mistake once and touched the back of my hand to some, it was an instant and immediate water blister to the affected area.
I do sometime go to the NAPA store where they have quite a selection of black plastic fittings, elbows, Ts, etc.
They do have them in the heater hose sizes. I have used the 90* elbows and made a lot of different configurations of whatever I was needing.
These fittings do withstand the high coolant temps and I have yet have had one fail.

Back