• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heater/AC control

Bammer

Reaction score
Twisted the fan contril knob to turn on the AC yesterday and at the #3 position I got no fan or AC, 1,2,4,5 positions give the right fan speed and kicks on the AC. I assume it's just a bad connection. My wife thinks it's OK, but I don't! Anyone know of a cheap place to get a new one? Are these just plug & play?

Thanks

Prolly need a resistor and maybe harness/connector. Doing one this weekend for another members dad here. iirc you have the dual zone manual temp controls correct? Will post prices in a few.

Assuming the 1500 and 2500 are the same which I am pretty positive they are, the resistor is 55 bucks, and the connector is 80 bucks. The connector sometimes melts and thats why you may or may not need it.

Assuming the 1500 and 2500 are the same which I am pretty positive they are, the resistor is 55 bucks, and the connector is 80 bucks. The connector sometimes melts and thats why you may or may not need it.

Can I just buy this, it's only 120 bucks! Is it plug and play?

AM-31659389.jpg

That didn't work either! The whole controller,with the fan control and directional dial and the two slide buttons in the middle. The thing that you see in the dash.

Its not to bad. It takes about an hour or so to do. Couple 7mm bolts, and couple 5.5mm bolts. Wire cutters, wire strippers, and crimp pliers.

Its not to bad. It takes about an hour or so to do. Couple 7mm bolts, and couple 5.5mm bolts. Wire cutters, wire strippers, and crimp pliers.

So thats about a day and a half if I did it! I'll be in touch in a few weeks,is there a bad time(month) for you?

Can you post the GM PN's for these parts Stacks? I bet we could get them cheaper from GM Parts Direct if we wanna DIY. Not that I need to do it, but for others.

Back