• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heated Seats

jcool

#78 A(ACLU) FNG
Reaction score
this morning on the way to work my driver seat heater was going crazy. It was going from high, medium, low, off by itself at random times no matter what I did to the buttons. On the way home it did not do it, worked just fine when I turned it on too. Any idea what would cause this?

When my AC quits working...I disconnect the batteries for a couple of minutes and hook them back up....works like a champ

Heated seat switch

BCM issues?

This same thing happened to me, except it continued on for a few days, each and every time it rained out or was wet or damp outside. I took it back to the dealer, where they re-flashed the BCM. That helped for the most part, but it was still happening, just not as much. I then took it back again, where they replaced the switch, and that took care of it for the most part. It has happened only once since I had the switch replaced.

thanks guys. drove it again today and could not reproduce the symptoms. pretty wierd. only thing I have done is reinstalled my bullydog outlook monitor the day before this happened.

I had to video record my situation for the dealer, because they would not believe me. After seeing three different videos from different days, they broke down and gave in. Go figure.

thanks guys. drove it again today and could not reproduce the symptoms. pretty wierd. only thing I have done is reinstalled my bullydog outlook monitor the day before this happened.

I had the same problem at the beginning of the year. Not sure why it was happening. It went away as fast as it started and hasn't happened again. I'm thinking it was the switch and it somehow got stuck. Pushing it several time must have released it.

Was it wet out when it happened? I think it is the moisture that carries the 12 volts and trips the switch mysteriously.

Hmm. Interesting. Mine ONLY does it when it is wet or damp outside, usually after rain. The HOT SEAT does get your attention quickly! :D

That would depend on the person. The wife rides around with it on hiogh all the time in the winter. I can start off at high but 5 minutes into it I need to back off to low.

you guys crack me up.... well it happened again when my wife drove it this weekend. should i start by replacing the switch? if so is it the one mounted on the door that you use to select high med low? and when you say bcm would that mean just a reflash if the switch does not solve the prob?

Are you sure there's something wrong with the truck?

My wife has been having these temperature changes for about a year now, and I don't even HAVE seat heaters!

:D

Are you sure there's something wrong with the truck?

My wife has been having these temperature changes for about a year now, and I don't even HAVE seat heaters!

:D

HAHAHAHAHA I made that joke to her last weekend too.... considering the time of the month it didnt turn out to be funny to her..:eek:

Back