• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heads from Penninsular

scottm

Reaction score
I emailed Penninsular last week but got no response, I'm hoping someone here knows.. They list 6.5 NA and 6.5 turbo heads. What is the difference, the pre cups? Are their heads GEP parts? Is it possible to buy GEP heads bare?

I find that Penninsular is better with the Alexander Bell technology than the Al Gore technology; give them a call :)

You can buy GEP HEADS directly from GEP as well.
Penninsular sells the good stuff.

There are two types of heads, the van an hummer type with the 60 degree bolt angle on the intake ports, and the pickup heads with the 90 degree bolt angle.

The NA and Turbo heads use different precups.

The Turbo heads usually have a diamond stamp on the cup and the NA has a square IIRC

They will all work, but the Turbo heads will make a tad more power with the larger ported cups

Emissions is also a factor.

Adding to the above. From using NA precups with a Big ATT turbo: NA Precups smoke more with lots of fuel and big turbo's. You won't notice the difference with the (little) fuel the GMx can't handle before it hits 14 PSI. (Yes, slightly more smoke because the NA precup is at it's limit.)

NA is for MPG not power.

Again the difference is precups.

Going between 6.2 and 6.5 heads the injector angles also change. The 6.2 heads will work but be tight clearance for injectors, except the 1982 special thread injector and different rocker heads.

I believe the difference will be hardend valve seat and larger precups for turbo heads (P400 style).
Im a distributor for GEP also if I can help let me know. I just sent a set of heads to Iceland of all places!!

Back