• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Head Gasket ?

1twisted1

Reaction score
I'm now at the point in my rebuild of installing the head studs & head gaskets and have just noticed that I have the std head gaskets not the .010 thicker for use when block has been resurfaced which was on the motor.:mad2:

Can I run these with no problems???? :confused:

What will it do to the 6.2 compression?

I thought that each .010 was about 1 point on compression-

The 18 to 1 pistons are .030 shorter compression height than stock for example.

so are you saying it will be like 22:5:1 if i used the stock gasket?

So can i used the stock gasket on this block with no problems? Being new to diesels I would like to know, there sure is not much room in that combustion chamber buy the looks of it for valve to piston clearance. Anybody???

so are you saying it will be like 22:5:1 if i used the stock gasket?

So can i used the stock gasket on this block with no problems? Being new to diesels I would like to know, there sure is not much room in that combustion chamber buy the looks of it for valve to piston clearance. Anybody???

If you had the block decked or surfaced use the .010 thicker gaskets. I would not recommend using the stock gasket without checking piston protrusion from the deck. The pistons should not go past the deck height , valve clearance gets weird with out the extra clearance. Put the 010 gaskets on and be safe. the compression ratio bump or decrease is .010 for a point of compression. I know it is not .015.

Back