• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

hauling across country 10k lbs 2200miles or bust

NintendoKD

Reaction score
Driving from ca to va here soon, just putting the goodyear 8-ply trailer tires on tomorrow. I still need o get the 10-ply's for the truck. 92' f-350, N/A I have my camper top on, to save on drag. I am pulling a 28' racing trailer with two 5k axles with household goods inside. I changed the oil, fuel filter, added, coolant additives, and have a spare fuel pump on standby, with tools to do the job. The truck has a low temp t-stat, and heavy duty fan for hauling. Each fuel tank, holds 17 gal each, and I imagine about 10-13 mpg pulling. I posted here, because I wanted to know the pitfalls, and any advice that anyone could throw my way, been there done that, do this, not that kind of stuff.

God Bless, and Happy Holidays,

Nintendo

Are you reinstalling turbo before making the trip? I would! Otherwise get an aftermarket ect Guage as the Ford stocker is junk.

good advice, was contemplating this, I would love to reinstall turbo, but no time, and can't source a good used kit "I'm not paying almost 4 large for 50 horses, you are smoking something"
thanks

If you have time get more free flowing exhaust. Had an 89 NA 7.3 that was getting 13mpg with the stock exhaust. Opened up to dual 3" and around town went to 18-19mpg with the 3 speed auto trans and 2wd. Needs mufflers for the extra back pressure in cold weather starting.

Back