• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Has anyone ever ran a Kevlar Clutch?

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
My boss was looking into a Kevlar clutch for his 98 dodge, and was wondering what driving characteristics they had?

this is on his heavy pulling gooseneck truck, so it would be nice to hold well towing heavy. although, he drives it so gentle, he has made it live with the stock 12 1/4" clutch for years, and the only reason for replacement is the fact that the tranny is out, and he figured he better put a new one in while it was out.

he would like fairly easy pedal effort, and would like to shy away from a grabby clutch.

thanks for any input guys!

If he wants low pedal effort with high hold, then I would think the centerforce dual friction would be the way to go. I've never ran a kevlar clutch myself, but I know semi metalics used to be good compared to the organic clutch discs.

problem with a centerforce dual friction (I have 2 of them) would be their mainly designed for gassers (higher rpm). the weights on the diaphram may not engage soon enough for maximum clamping force. mine grab pretty hard on initial engagement but react normally after that

Back