• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Harmonic Balancer Noise? Video Attached

You think that is loud? Mine would be louder last winter at 20* with out being able to plug it in. That "marbles in a tin can" sound is right on the money. I thought I was killing my beloved "other lady". Then a guy came home from a business trip, that was in the same RV park as us. He went to start hid furd and I thought it was going to come apart at the seams and in other places. His was a late 80's early 90's pick up that also could not be plugged in. I don't feel so bad about my clatter now. :thumbsup:;)

Hummmm. Well, I rekon it is normal then. It continue to hear 'diesel rattle/knock' even at cruising speeds when warm. I guess I am just spoiled on the sound of the 2002 7.3L PS at work. I only hear roar and turbo in it. I am probably just nervous about upcoming 1000 mile away trip with the old girl. I don't know how I will handle it if we have major break mid-trip?

Just do like most of us do and bookmark the site on your phone so you can post for help.

Just keep a close eye on the coolant temps and watch your oil and all should be right. But I baby the pick up more than my 6yo little girl.

Back