• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Harley's

Nice ride man! Whats the riding season like up there in Canada? Or should I say how many days do you get to ride without worrying about the next snow comming?

Thanks for the compliment 06HD.

Around here, we start the riding season May and it will go till October if we are lucky. Of course each year is a little different from the other. I pay $1200 per year to insure the bike, so a guy has to be pretty serious to invest in a bike.

Take care man!

Thanks for the compliment 06HD.

Around here, we start the riding season May and it will go till October if we are lucky. Of course each year is a little different from the other. I pay $1200 per year to insure the bike, so a guy has to be pretty serious to invest in a bike.

Take care man!
Most companies have a plan that will let you slide during the winter months as long as the vehicle isn't in use!

Most companies have a plan that will let you slide during the winter months as long as the vehicle isn't in use!

Here in Manitoba, we have only one choice for vehicle insurance. Seems to be working well for the most part.

What those slippery bastards have done to us bikers is this: we pay the bulk in our riding months and while the bike sits all winter long, it still has full insurance in case something happens to it.

April-August I pay $230 per month =$1150
Sept-March I pay $7 per month =$49

-----------------
$1199 per year :sick:

Here in Manitoba, we have only one choice for vehicle insurance. Seems to be working well for the most part.

What those slippery bastards have done to us bikers is this: we pay the bulk in our riding months and while the bike sits all winter long, it still has full insurance in case something happens to it.

April-August I pay $230 per month =$1150
Sept-March I pay $7 per month =$49

-----------------
$1199 per year :sick:

For those premiums I would put chains on my ride and go all year! Then at the end of the year drop it off a cliff and have them buy me a new one for all the money they are getting from ya. :devil:

I insure 3 bikes thru harley and pay 300 for the year for all three, if I just do 2 it costs more.

I insure 3 bikes thru harley and pay 300 for the year for all three, if I just do 2 it costs more.

Gee, another good reason to get that street glide I want:biggrinjester:

I am inusring mine and the wifes right now, so that would make three:coolgleamA:

I was reading this and my insurance guy called me lmao!A Rod Sterling moment for sure.

Hey guys....to change the subject a bit, what are you using for sun glasses while riding? I've been thinking of buying a pair of HD shades that will tint automatically. I believe they also have some sort of padding or wind block around the edge? Any suggestions for me? Thanks. :confused5:

Hey guys....to change the subject a bit, what are you using for sun glasses while riding? I've been thinking of buying a pair of HD shades that will tint automatically. I believe they also have some sort of padding or wind block around the edge? Any suggestions for me? Thanks. :confused5:

I just got a pair of Wiley X. The are the LA (light adjusting) with the removeable foam cups. The shield the wind from your eyes. So far I like them.

here is some crappy pics of my scooter. its an 04 dyna wide glide

Attachments

• Picture 314.jpg
    Picture 314.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 317.jpg
    Picture 317.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 318.jpg
    Picture 318.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 315.jpg
    Picture 315.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 10
Nice bike man! I love the ape hangers. Don't your hands fall asleep while riding?

Nah, I am tall, 6'2" and 280 lbs. they are right at shoulder height. they are 18" tall and 1" tubing. The stockers were mini apes at 14" I think. All I know is my back does't hurt from scrunching down anymore. The thing with the apes is people love em or hate em. I still need to change out the rubber bushings and put in the polt ones. the bars have a little more movement than I care for. well maybe not the poly bushings have been in my garage for a year now. I also ran all the wiring internal. It looks real clean but was a pain in the a s s. I had to stager all the splices to make them fit.

Back