• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hahahahahahaaha...Oh sorry you were serious.

Riddick

Reaction score
Called my GM parts guys the other day for some door pins and bushings. Apparently Gm's post bankruptcy pricing has gone up a bit. For 4 pins and 8 bushings they wanted $232.:wtf::lame:

My local GM dealer was around the same money last year.

I ended buying my pins and bushings off ebay for a few bucks. I have no idea if the quality is the same because I havn't installed them yet. I guess we'll see when I install them one of these years lol.

DAMN! I get mine at the local paint store or parts store for under 10 bucks a door

DAMN! I get mine at the local paint store or parts store for under 10 bucks a door

Ditto. After the install of the steel pins on one of the hinges(as it was out of round a tad) my door closes just fine.

Nothing wrong with the Dorman "Help!" hinge pins and bushings.

Called my GM parts guys the other day for some door pins and bushings. Apparently Gm's post bankruptcy pricing has gone up a bit. For 4 pins and 8 bushings they wanted $232.:wtf::lame:

WOW, the whole thing was around $90 for me......hehehe thank you employee discount!:thumbsup:

The Gm stealership here wanted like $58 for a block heater CORD!

My buddy who works in service had one that was given to him, so he gave it to me. total cost....$0. :D

I did find that the blazer's rear main is leaking however. :mad2::mad2: :mad2:

The Gm stealership here wanted like $58 for a block heater CORD!

My buddy who works in service had one that was given to him, so he gave it to me. total cost....$0. :D

I did find that the blazer's rear main is leaking however. :mad2::mad2: :mad2:

I just bought a block heat AND cord for 42 even at the dealer, part number 12343981. Even made in Canada :thumbsup:

unfortunately there's only 2 ways to find out. and that's to drop the pan and the rear main. or drop the tranny and t-case that you just put in! how bad of a leak is it?

Back