• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Had the SBC on the dyno...

ryanryan

Reaction score
I'm pretty impressed. 575 HP, and 531 FT/LBS. It's a 383 stroker. Brodix aluminum heads, mild roller cam, etc. Can't wait for the race season to start, gained at least 100 HP over last year, and lost about 100 lbs. right off the front....should pull the wheels pretty high! Best part is it runs best on Sunoco 94, which will save me a ton of money, versus running 112 last year!

Last edited:
Good lookin' Deuce.

Brodix Track 1's ? Ever try a shorter carb spacer? 4 hole? Open?

Look into an HVH spacer... They are the cat's meow. CNC'd on the underside. Pricey but they make power. 575 on pump gas is KILLER.

Man....

I bet that thing sounds wicked...! Got any vids of it running?

I think it will sound really good! You should of seen it shake!!! It was kind-of hard to tell how it will sound with open-headers, since the pipes they have on it with the dyno.

No....somehow I forgot! Once I heard it fire up, I forgot about all my plans to take pics, videos, etc.!!!! Those pics there, are of when we were taking it off the dyno, when I remembered what I was supposed to do!

Good lookin' Deuce.

Brodix Track 1's ? Ever try a shorter carb spacer? 4 hole? Open?

Look into an HVH spacer... They are the cat's meow. CNC'd on the underside. Pricey but they make power. 575 on pump gas is KILLER.

Thanks.

We have always had that spacer on there. When I had another top-end on this 383 bottom-end, it had a bit of a bog at the beginning of the '08 season. We tried a few things, the spacer being one of them, and solved it. Ever since then we always left it on there! I was thinking about it on the dyno, and when the race season starts I will probably try taking it off, just to see what happens. I am pretty sure it is open, but can't seem to remember exactly.

Went to the track today to do some testing.....10.47 et/127 mph, not to shabby! With a little more tuning it should see low 40's/high 30's! Forgot to get video again though, sorry!

Rock -'n - Roll :thumbsup:!!!

Sweet ride - and nice job on the stroker. Pulling that HP on plain old fuel is VERY cool!

A little update... went to the track again today for testing. Best run was a 10.34 et and 127 mph, with a 1.42 60'. Not to shabby for a N/A small-block!! It definitely has potential for 10.20's!

Sorry dude! I am either trying to see what is happening when it launches or I am driving...and I'm not gonna lie, my memory is terrible!!! I'm going again 2 weeks from now and almost promise I'll get video!

Back