• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Had the itch

jmiller

Recruit
Reaction score
So after finishing the engine install in my truck, I had to take the bike out before putting it back in the garage. (the bike got moved out and tarped up to make room for the engine install)

The roads have been clear for over a week, it was above 20 and a sunny day.

Plus after being off the battery tender for a month, it started right up. 15 miles around Fox Lake.

Bit brisk for a scooter ride John.):h Not to mention the dry salt caked on all the roads. Actually it was a pretty nice weekend to be outside. Dry, sunny and fairly calm. I cut and hauled a bunch of big branches in the pasture that came down in the Christmas ice storm now that most of the snow is off of them.

It's suppose to be sunny and almost 60 here tomorrow. After work, I'm planning on takeing the V-Max out to test the new clutch I just put in.:thumbsup: Should be fun. :D

It's suppose to be sunny and almost 60 here tomorrow. After work, I'm planning on takeing the V-Max out to test the new clutch I just put in.:thumbsup: Should be fun. :D

I saw a Vmax with a broken drive shaft. Back in HS, I work at a dealer. A dude was using a VMax for a sand drag bike /w 4" paddle wheel, he snapped the drive shaft. That thing flew.

Last edited:
Damn :eek: It takes a lot to break a driveshaft. Actualy, I've never heard of anyone breaking one, that's a first. :eek6:

V-Max. What is that...?????? :D

I'm partial to the Harley sound myself..

Damn :eek: It takes a lot to break a driveshaft. Actualy, I've never heard of anyone breaking one, that's a first. :eek6:

That was over 20 years ago. But putting a 4" paddle in sand, if it hooked up enough times, it would eventually twist in two.

I am a fan of the Harley sound, however the best sounding Harleys are the Pan's or Shovels. A Evo sounds good, but not near as good as the previous two. A twin cam does not sounds as good as an Evo, but still better than most bikes.:smile5:

I love the sound of Ducs and the old TL1000R.

Didn't I read somewhere that Yam is reincarnating the Vmax?

Considered getting a customized can for my Buell, but I rode one with the pipe I was looking at and it was way too freakin loud. As in need to wear earplugs loud. No one mass produces aftermarket pipes for them; you have to get one from a handful of people that cut open stock pipes and modify them.

I am a fan of the Harley sound, however the best sounding Harleys are the Pan's or Shovels. A Evo sounds good, but not near as good as the previous two. A twin cam does not sounds as good as an Evo, but still better than most bikes.:smile5:

that is so true, nothing sounds like a old pan or shovel. I love my shovel and wont be able to ride it this year.:mad2:

Back