• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

H2's + 4" Lift = 35's or 37's

jlcook

Reaction score
I've got a line on a set of H2 wheels, no tires, to replace my stock PYO's. I currently have 315/75R16 BFG KM2's on PYO's (I know they're to narrow, the PO had'em on there when I bought it). The measure out to a true 33 inches tall mounted on the truck properly aired up. The 315's are supposed to be the metric equivalant to a 35. My question is can I fit 37x12.50R17 on H2 wheels by; a) cranking the tbars, b) trimming the bumper/valance and fender, or c) a combination of the above? If anyone has any pics of 37's or 35's on H2 wheels with a 4" lift please post'em. Thanks.

You will not be able to clear a 37" by just cranking the bars. Heck I dont even think you will be able to clear a 35" by just cranking the bars. 33" is usually the biggest and safest you can do without actually doing a "lift".

Just my .02cents though...

just shell out the cash and buy a decent suspension lift kit. save yourself some headaches. i have a six inch lift, love it nothing like a lifted truck. i have heard of guys on other forums do tbar cranking and trimming their fenderwells to fit 35s but i don't know if i believe it or if it is safe. cranking tbars is not necessary just buy a suspension kit, be done with it and be happy you didn't have to mess with your torsion bars

a 4" kit will fit 35's barely....you will need the right offset wheels though....do not crank the T-Bars it is unsafe....all you need is to hit a bump or a pot hole and something breaks like a ball joint and your whole front end drops to the ground. I have seen it happen and its not pretty

I run no lift with 35" BFGs on H2s and T bars at stock height. I was able to eliminate most rubbing with tons of trimming, banging and headaches.

However the rubbbing that you can never deal with is the rubbing on the sway bar at full clock. My sway bar is nice and shiny on both sides.

Otherwise no rubbing. But the most off road my truck sees is entrances to kwiky marts and our fields.

You wont clear a 37 and a 35 WILL take a lot of work.

I fit 33x12.5's on a 17x9 wheels with 4.5 bs and -12mm offset by cranking the bars and very minor plastic trimming...no rubbing offroad. My cv angle are not bad at all. 35's are easy with a 4" suspension lift...it has been done many times.

Back