• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

H2 wheels on 1500HD / 2500?

dka99burb

Reaction score
Looking for reasonable replacements for the truck. Anybody run H2 wheels without lift? A friend says he has run them on duramax trucks with 285-70-17s on them without a lift.
Pics if you have them please.

BudTx has them on his 2500HD I don't think there was a clearance issue but you could PM him if he doesn't see this.

I am running 265/70s, with no tbar cranking or plastic trimming. I have a buddy running 285s but he has a leveling kit on the front of his 2001. I'd wager that you could run 285s if you crank the torsion bars all the way, and you might have to trim a little plastic to prevent rubbing at full lock.

Get the wheels, that is a good price and will be fine with 265's but will leave room for 285's if you ever get the urge. Should add to the stability with the extra 1.5-2" of width.

Thanks guys!
I had my brother pick them up today. I will save now for the next set of tires. I am thinking 285-70-17s. You guys think they will be okay with 373 gears?

Here is the picture. H2 WHEELS AD PIC.jpg

I'd find a set to TRY first, even if they are 16's. They will be doggy in town IMO and you will hunt for gears on the highway, I had 285's on a 98 K1500 350 w/ 3.73's and it lost alot of off the line oomph and would hit 2nd gear on a big hill to keep 60mph.

Are you sure you have 3.73's? Most 6.0's were sent out with 4.10's

Pretty sure. From what I understand 1500HDs are usually 373 with 2500HDs 410s. I will have to double check my codes.
BTW: has anyone found a good VIN decoder?

You're going to want a tuner to change to match the new diameter of your tires. Help with the HP, too.

I have been running H2's on my 2500HD for three years now and they are great. I put Nitto Tera Grapplers in a 285 E series and have 45K miles on them and may get to 55K mi. I can even run my GMC Caps on them.

DSCF3197-M.jpg

DSCF3196-M.jpg

The suspension is stock using Bilstien Yellow with the extensions on the fronts. I jacked up the torsion bars .5" and trimmed the heck out of the plastic up front to minimize rubbing.

Back