• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Guess what I did today?

MACKIN

The Original Sheriff
Reaction score
You never will so I'll tell you. :smile5:

Although my project is in a stall certain items are or have been in play that cannot be stopped. That being my motor build

With money invested and speed shop time and parts involved I knew it was gonna come at a difficult time but freak it,it's done.

I received the call that my motor was up on the engine dyno and to come hear it run! So off I went

This is my FIRST experience with a engine dyno and nothing gets you pumped up and your blood flowing to hear your motor fire and see your plans come together. All I can say it's WOW in the 10th degree!

Little did I know this was their second dyno attempt. The first trip yielded problems with a lifter. Under inspection what they discovered was actually a cam lobe issue. That caught it in time and Comp Cams sent them a new Nitrated cam shaft. Of course this will cost me more but according to Comp they're Nitrating all cams.
http://revver.com/video/1095841/comp-cams-proplasma-nitrating/

I watched them run a few sweeps today and although they were chasing yesterdays numbers of 500 HP and 500 feet pounds of torque do to atmospheric changes today on 93 octane fuel the final numbers are out of the box 498.4 Torque @ 4800 rpms and 497.4 HP @ 5600 RPM. Rev limiter is set at 6300 RPM.

Close enough to my goal of a 500 HP street car! :thumbsup:

500 feet pound of torque out of a 340 small block is big block numbers! This is ONE STOUT small block and in estimation should be a 10 second car!

WOW I wish the car was ready. :sad:

When I pick it up I'll post some pictures.

Learned something today, thanks Mackin, enjoyed the video.

Congrats on the numbers, should be a lot of fun. To bad it's a Dodge.):h

Excellent numbers Mac! Yeah, making a pull on the engine dyno is quite an experience. Done it with a few race motors over the years before we dropped 'em in the cars.
What kind of CR are you running that gets that kind of HP out of 93 octane pump gas?
Tell us some specs man...

Well it's been awhile on anything here. The economy and money,lack there of,has slowed progress but some how some way I MUST purge on. I got the motor back,or should I say I picked it up finally. So I've been tinkering and buttoning up a few things.

I also have decided to go 4 speed ,like I haven't spent enough already. Dumb dumb dumb...... My goal is to get the running gear complete some how some way and also get the car up to east bum you know what,where my buddy who has done all the body work thus far. My goal is to get the 4 speed hump in,the car jammed in single stage ,dash together which means a whole Heep of wiring ,lights and glass ,what ever it takes to get the vin check done. Send money ):h

I was to lazy to put the headers on for this photo session BUT I had them on once and NO camera.

Heres a big chunk of coin. Big dollars , to MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that thing looks sweet.
I was reading a thread on EFI about spark plug wires that stuck with me. He was saying that the bigger wires do add some on the bottom, but that they actually hurt performance at higher RPMs. I don't know how true this was, but his explanation was that it drains the coil down to far to get a quick enough recovery, or something along those lines.

Looks good Mackin, glad to see you around here again as well!

Looks good Mackin, glad to see you around here again as well!

Ya I know I've had my head stuck up my ass to long.

It will still be part diesel because according to Comp Cams with a Nit-rited cam and flat tappets I need to run diesel oil which is high in zinc. :D

They suggested Shell Rotella 15w 40 but I'm going to get back with them and the motor builder and see if Delvac 5w 40 synthetic which I run in my Duramax is cool.

Looks good Mac! That's a mighty deep sump. Gonna drag on the street if the mounts are too low.:smile5:

It will still be part diesel because according to Comp Cams with a Nit-rited cam and flat tappets I need to run diesel oil which is high in zinc. :D

They suggested Shell Rotella 15w 40 but I'm going to get back with them and the motor builder and see if Delvac 5w 40 synthetic which I run in my Duramax is cool.[/QUOTE]

Yeah since they went to the new ulsd oil they took out the good slick stuff. A machine shop showed me a TSB about how all engine running non roller cams were supposed to use a additive, esp at start up/ break in. Just about forcing us to use syn.

Back