• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gravel guard....looks good....

chrisk1500

Reaction score
I had to do some repairs to my cab corners as they were rusted through. After I finished the body work I decided to spray on some gravel guard considering my truck see gravel roads every day.

Now I need to get some good mudflaps, a very small lift (1-2") and Bushwhacker pocket flares to finish off the look...black flares with white heads on the screws....

Attachments

• DSC02552.jpg
    DSC02552.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC02557.jpg
    DSC02557.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC02559.jpg
    DSC02559.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC02560.jpg
    DSC02560.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 53
Hey Chris, do yourself a favor and paint the rock guard. Not sure what you put on but most of the stuff I've seen needs to be sealed. If not, good luck keeping the black looking black.

I dunno Chris, -more weight=less speed! :D

I like the contrast of the black/white, -it has character now.

What would look really bitchin' now is a set of black wheels, -then she'd look "all business" for sure!

Looks good!

Huh that does look pretty decent! Im not a fan at all of the stainless bottom but I like what you did. How does it come? In a spray can?

I'm considering doing something similar on my truck. I have to paint it soon, as it was slightly keyed a couple months ago. I think I'm going to use bed liner though. After I paint it I'm getting a spray in liner and I think I'll get the rocker panels sprayed with bed liner, as well.

Looks good though!

The stuff comes in an aerosol can.

I am already looking for a nice set of black on chrome rims for it. I don't like the idea of 20s but something in the 17" range would look good!

I will offset the weight of the gravel guard with some light wheels....works for me!

Looks nice bro, some window vent things (black) would look really nice especially w/tinted windows.

Wheels are defanately the sore spot now :)

The stuff comes in an aerosol can.

I am already looking for a nice set of black on chrome rims for it. I don't like the idea of 20s but something in the 17" range would look good!

I will offset the weight of the gravel guard with some light wheels....works for me!

If you drive any sort of gravel you might dislike having aftermarket wheels. I'm disappointed with them, as they're getting chipped and corroding more often than I can polish them!

I live at the dead end of a 15 km gravel road....I do lots of gravel road driving....especially during the busy seasons (seeding/spraying/harvest)....

Same here. Now that I'm doing custom spraying and pretty much anything that makes money I drive at least 150km a day on gravel. When I restore my truck I'm going to see if I can have them refinished...already..

I've bought these -->http://www.duraflap.com for a few years now and I doubt I'll use anything else. Dennis has a small business and "whatever" size you want, he'll make. I've tried NAPA rubber flaps, Autozone rubber flaps,Husky (ruin your truck) flaps and a couple other brands. Nothing beats the simple Duraflap. IMHO, order the 'pre-punched' holes, it's MUCH more simple.

Back