• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Grabby brakes in humid weather

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
Anyone ever notice that your drum brakes lock up and e-brakes don't release when it's especially humid outside (on dry AND wet ground).

Is there a reason for this? Brake pedal is firm. E-brake, when not humid, will go all the way to the floor and barely be grabbing, but when humid it'll feel tighter and won't release - have to start in 1st to get going. (which is why i don't park with the e-brake engaged if at all possible)

Mine do that if its raining,but humid they are fine, you might need to adjust them.

Could it be flash rust on drums linings and brake dust clumping up. Plus rotor flash rust and calipers sticky for grabby brakes. The front brakes do a lot more stopping power than back under easy daily driving conditions. Mine seems to do this just at first start - move but it clears pretty quickly and drives fine through out the rest of the day until it sits for a good while. Somewhat normal worst with age. New brake job & adjustment (with quality pads/shoes)and thorough cleaning & lubing calipers etc might stop it for a while but again I think its fairly common and somewhat normal.

If it continues throughout the day then something different.

Back