• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GPS Units

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
What type of GPS is everyone using and what are the pros and cons of type you have.

I have a Garmin Geko. Its small and basic, but it is water proof.:D

I bet you were talking about for vehicular navigation weren't you.:doh:

I have a Garmin iQue 3200. Works like a PDA with Palm OS and has a integrated GPS antenna. Only draw back is Garmin doesnt make it anymore.

I got a garmin nuvi 350. would not have any other kind. Its slim,user friendly,holds a 6 hr charge, and is very accurate. IMO, garmin is the best in gps equipment.

I have the factory Gm touchscreen nav that came in the escalades and denalis.

The GPS sucks ass but it gets the job done.

Its still one of the better deals out there though.

i have like a 2003 garmin street pilot 3, but it just died out on me and i just tried out my buddys new garmin, not sure on the model but i liked it ALOT better then the older one

I got a garmin nuvi 350. would not have any other kind. Its slim,user friendly,holds a 6 hr charge, and is very accurate. IMO, garmin is the best in gps equipment.

I use this one, too. I like it because I can preprogram my destinations using the coordinates entry in the "where do you want to go" section. I find that all of them have data bases that don't have all the addresses I want, or businesses like campgrounds don't advertise gps-friendly addresses. I use Microsoft's Streets and Trips software to pinpoint a campground or other destination and just plug the coordinates into the Garmin (her name is "Dolly"). Then I can give it a name and put it into my favorites folder. I find that this technique makes the gps much more useful.

I got my grandmother the Garmin Nuvi for Christmas, it's a nice unit for the money, and user friendly!

Back