• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gotta say I'm really liking this Hypertech...

Ozzie

Snow looming...run!!
Reaction score
Had my first rv pull (37' - 10k bumper pull) of the season last weekend. This was after a few changes over the winter - exhaust, intake, tires, BD manifold, gauges, etc., so I wasn't quite sure how things would go. I also had to do some adjusting to the trailer geometry that took a couple tries to dial in.

First half I ran level two...egt's were running 900-1000. Way too smooth.
The second half I tried the level three. A little cautious with this one as I hadn't tried it before towing. Much to my surprise, little change in egt's (tailwind?), and gobs of power...I sure do like this little unit.

On both settings, the throttle response is so smooth you really don't notice until you get a little into it. No need to romp on this one - it'll give you plenty way before you put your foot into it.

I'm not so sure I wanna put the Predator back in again...

Nice to hear that...I'm having the same luck with my Cortex programmers as well

Hypertech is a very conservative programmer....they make sure that nothing what so ever will break with their tunes....I will say this for them...you can tow the max on all three setting...no other tuner can tow the max on their top settings....well they can but its not recommended

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran one on my truck for almost 2 yrs.it worked realy good.I went to the ppe just for more power.I just put my hypertech on level 3 and forgot about it.I think they are a pretty conservitive(and safe)programer.But for the money they work well.

Back