• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got Something BETTER Than HID's Now

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Ok, so prob. none of you have ever Heard of this, but it's Made by a Company Called "Catz" and it is the "Zeta" System. They are Located in Japan, and their Parts are VERY Difficult to come by here in the States. Aaaand they stopped Making this System back around '03, so Good Luck Finding one. :)

It Looks just like an HID Ballast, it has an Input and and Output Side. You Plug your Factory Bulb Plug into the Input Side, then on the Output Side, you Connect it to the Bulb. Inside the Box is where the Magic Happens. It takes your Factory Voltage, whatever it may be Depending on the Condition of your Electrical System, and Steps it Up to around 15.2v You can See the "Effect" happen because when you first Turn On the Lights, they are at Factory Voltage, then "Zeta Boost" happens, and you can actually See them get Brighter, so you know the System is Working.

...now why do I say it's Better than HID's?

I've Modded 9011 HIR's to Fit my Low Beams. 65w of Power, with HIR Technology, running at about 15.2v...after a few Minutes, they are just as Bright as HID, with no real Warmup Time, I can Flash them all I want and not have to Worry about Blowing a Bulb or Ballast, aaaand, my Beam Pattern stays the same. Because if you didn't know, when you put HID's in an 03-07 Silverado, the Beam Pattern actually Tightens Up, and you don't get as much Spread with the HID's as you do with Halogens.

So, now what? Where do we get these?

I wouldnt mind them for my fog lights as they are absolutely worthless with halogen or HID so, anything that will help.

I suppose I could try to put 9005's in there now. Since I lost a ballast, I put the stock bulbs back in. 9145's I think at a relatively low wattage. I just dont want to burn up my stock wiring. I know GM trucks could run 9005's in the fog housings but I dont know if I can.

I put an HID setup on my motorcycle and was not impressed. Sure it's only 35 watts and yes it's better than the 55 watt halogen I took out. Although I'd say the difference was minimal at best. I then bought two http://stores.advmonster.com/-strse-41/Model-60-LED-off/Detail.bok of these. The difference was nothing short of phenomenal. They light up the road better than any vehicle I have ever owned and there has been many. Riding trails at night is no problem, They light up the trail. I have had people on bikes actually turn around to catch me asking about the lights, One comment was they stand out and he had no problem seeing me from 3 blocks away. They put out 3600 lumens each and your avg. halogen puts out 8-1200 so math says they are bright. I bought a dimmer switch just to tone them down at night, The dimmer also has a strobe function and I can light up reflective signs from a few blocks away. I'd like to swap out my headlights and make a mount for 4 of them. At 28 watts each, electrical is minimal. P7226915.jpgP7226916.jpgP7226918.jpg

I put an HID setup on my motorcycle and was not impressed. Sure it's only 35 watts and yes it's better than the 55 watt halogen I took out. Although I'd say the difference was minimal at best. I then bought two http://stores.advmonster.com/-strse-41/Model-60-LED-off/Detail.bok of these. The difference was nothing short of phenomenal. They light up the road better than any vehicle I have ever owned and there has been many. Riding trails at night is no problem, They light up the trail. I have had people on bikes actually turn around to catch me asking about the lights, One comment was they stand out and he had no problem seeing me from 3 blocks away. They put out 3600 lumens each and your avg. halogen puts out 8-1200 so math says they are bright. I bought a dimmer switch just to tone them down at night, The dimmer also has a strobe function and I can light up reflective signs from a few blocks away. I'd like to swap out my headlights and make a mount for 4 of them. At 28 watts each, electrical is minimal. View attachment 35549View attachment 35550View attachment 35551

I keep seeing these Lights, but Forgetting about them. Def. gonna have to give them a Shot one Day. It would be Nice if they made a Long Range Spot though, instead of a Flood, in the 3600lm Model.

They have this model which is a spot light. http://stores.advmonster.com/-strse-8/Model-30-LED-off/Detail.bok But it is only 1500 lumens. Still it would be bright. I organized group buy on http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/228088-new-group-buy-advmonster-stuff.html#post5344292 so I got two lights for 160.00 They are 100.00 each but the group buy got me 20% off. If you go to the web site and enter the promo code ( inmate ) that should be a valid code for 10% off anything in his store. You can enter your info and promo code before committing to buy to verify it's validity.

Back