• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got Some New "Fog" Lights ;)

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Just got done with the Install.

PIAA 550's with High & Low Beams.

Got them for Stupid Cheap, even though they weren't what I Wanted, for the Price, I couldn't Leave them at the Shop.

Can't Wait til it gets Dark Out so I can go Test them.

Attachments

• 197508_10150105180107172_546687171_6869277_2929268_n.jpg
    197508_10150105180107172_546687171_6869277_2929268_n.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 15
Yep, these things are good.

My HID Low Beams Wash Out the Low Beam of the 550's, you can barely Tell they are On, but when I Switch the 550's to High Beam, Watch Out! :)

I just Wish the Lens wasn't Ion, and Clear, so that I could be "In Control" of the Beam Color. They'd be Brighter if the Lens was Clear, but they are still Damn Bright.

Too bad they Discontinued these. I dunno why? They're Bright as Hell.

My Friend that Owns the Shop where I got them said he hardly ever Sold any 550's, so maybe they weren't Popular. They are quite Big, so maybe that's why.

First Pic the the LED DRL Light that I put In them. They come with a Halogen DRL Stock, but of course I had to do an LED.

Second Pic is "Low Beam". It has an E-Code like Slope to it.

Third is High Beam.

Fourth, Down the Road Shot. The Small Street Sign is about 300 Yards Down the Road, and In Person, is Lit Up BRIGHT.

IMG-20110320-00024.jpg

IMG-20110320-00025.jpg

IMG-20110320-00026.jpg

IMG-20110320-00027.jpg

I was gonna Run Hella Rallye 4000's (Full Size), but the Tabs on the Top of the Bar, where the 550's are, are too Close together, and the 4000's wouldn't Fit. :(

The Rallye's are 8" Lights. :)

Wow.. they are huge. No wonder you have no problems seeing ahead :hihi:

The beam concentration is very tight. Very concentrated toward the center. They are more like a "spot" light and do not flood out at all.

Took the 550's Off Today, and put some IPF 968's On.

I really Wanted a Clear Beam, and not Yellow for the High's. I Tried to Fit the 550's in place of the Stock Fogs, but they are too Big, and Hit the Bars. I'm gonna Hang On to them though, I'll Find a Spot for them. They're too Baddass to let just Sit here.

They're a good amount Smaller, and only put out a lil Less Light, but once I geet some 130w Bulbs in 'em, they'll be Uber Bright. :)

IMG_0023.jpg

Was that you who blew past me, lights blazing, on the LIE by exit 52 the other night? I thought it was a UFO or something... (just kidding)... Big fan of Jeeps and off-road lamps. I like how you set up the 550s. I'd install Lexan protectors to prevent stone damage.

Nope, wasn't me Last Night.

I Ordered some Windshield Brackets, so I'm gonna See how the 550's Look up there.

Put Amber LED's in them Yesterday.

Now they Match Perfect with the other Running Lights. Instead of the PIAA's being Yellow and the Running Lights being Amber.

IMG_0029.jpg

idk james...I wasn't to impressed with the 550's......I expected brighter for the size of them...the 9" hid lights I had from harbor freight were brighter than the 550's.......I did however convert my 550's to HID bulbs and that did the trick for me

idk james...I wasn't to impressed with the 550's......I expected brighter for the size of them...the 9" hid lights I had from harbor freight were brighter than the 550's.......I did however convert my 550's to HID bulbs and that did the trick for me

Well you are Comparing 7" Halogens to 9" HID's, so of course the 9" HID's are gonna be Brighter.

But the 550's with the 55/65's they came with, I'm Happy. When I get the 75/80's in them, they'll be even better.

Last edited:
Changed things around again.

Took Off the RRC Bumper and Threw the Stock one back On. I Modded it a lil to make it not Look Stock. It Looks good.

Got some PIAA 525's for Dirt Cheap, NOS, on Amazon. Replaced the "Stock" PIAA LED's that were In them with another Set of Amber Flanks from V-LED's.

For those than don't Know, the 525's have Low & High Beam as well.

So I got the 550's up on the Windshield Mounts, 525's down on the Bumper. I got a Light Bar on the way that'll Mount & Run in the Middle of the OE Bumper and put the Lights in front of the Grille. Those will be either the 130w IPF 968's I have already, or I'll get another Hella Rallye 4000 Euro Beam and put those on there. I'm kinda wanting to go with the 4000's.

We'll See.

But here's how it Looks now with the PIAA's with the Amber LED's in them as Running Lights, and I Replaced the Bulbs in the Turn Signals with 92 LED V-LED's also.

IMG_0034.jpg

Back