• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got new truck on Saturday

dieseldust

Reaction score
Hello all ,

Well i finally got the truck home,what a great truck i will post pictures when i figure it out, truck runs strong quiet no smoke pulls great 410,s in it, i got a question about a little drain cock beside the thermostat , is the for the fuel filter drain, and i see it is dry and cracked so i want to replace it,it seems to go under the intake somewhere, where does it go and how do you change it ??

Cheers
James

this is the water drain for the fuel filter. there is a hose clamp on each end, easiest way to change this hose is to remove the 2 bolts on the sides of the fuel filter, and lift it for access to the clamp. a new hose can then be routed underneath, make sure the new hose has some kind of abrasion resistant covering on it. Also check the condition of the injection pump feed hose (the other house on the bottom of the filter housing).

Back