• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got my Suncoast IV in last Monday.

Sparky8370

Do chickens have large talons
Reaction score
I got it in last Monday, straightened it out on Tuesday. Let it learn some, spiced up my tune a little bit, let it learn again. I'm still fine tuning my tune, but just for the hell of it tonight, I put the shifter in 3 and held the brake until the back tires were just about to break loose. Then I punched it and side stepped the brake. WHOOOO HOOOO! I had to let off! I laid about 250' of posi strips.

yeah...the piece of mind that comes with the transmission is a wonderful thing...

but bad for your tires...

Sweet man. I am jealous as hell. I can't even imagine how good it must reefl to load up a big tune, and just KNOW the tranny will hold.

get some tie rod sleeves and launch in 4wd from now on...
That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing today. Not having them is the only reason I haven't tried that. I also will want to inspect the rest of the 4 wheel drive first.

Sweet man. I am jealous as hell. I can't even imagine how good it must reefl to load up a big tune, and just KNOW the tranny will hold.
I'm not sure that this is actually too big of a tune. I know it has some fur, but I am still wanting more. I checked out a tune that was posted on DP, and in one of the comments someone stated that they dyno tested the tune and it put out 508HP. I downloaded that tune, and the stock tune and ran a script. Which I then ran on my tune and compared it to mine. It was much more conservative than mine. Less fueling, less timing, less fuel pressure. I can't imagine that it actually puts out 508HP, although there were some tables that were not available in my tune.
I can't wait to fine tune this thing. When I get some play money, I am going to put it on a dyno. I want to try a few things and see how much HP I can squeeze out of it.

On a 1st generation maybe...LBZ's seem to be doing pretty well at those power levels on a stock pump.

Drew, you're running a pretty hot tune aren't ya?

Jay, how does the tranny feel? I've heard that its a completely different feel to the truck and the torque converter makes a huge difference.

The tranny feels great. It shifts firmer all the time, so that part takes some getting used to. At first, it was slamming all the shifts and didn't seem to be learning. But then I changed the fuel filter and it shifted perfectly. After about a day, it started slamming again on the 4>5 shift, and then the 3>4 shift. But only when I am into the throttle real deep. I will change the filter again and cut it open this time. I guess if it's not real dirty, I may need to add a lift pump. The cummins kids were just doing burn outs in the road. I had to go out there and show them how to do a burnout without the brake pedal again. This time they were having a huge party and there were 3 of them there with cummins.

Get lift pumps and mod your turbo intake. You will feel the difference. PM me, I have a tune or two you can check out. They are hot tunes, no pulling or towing. 1200-1400 degrees......unwastegated you can make 40psi. With a boost valve 37psi. I have my boost valve modded so limit is 30psi on my truck. After about 30-32psi your out of the compressor map.

Back