• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got my Spin On Changed...

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The first time since I've owned the truck.. I'm at 55K miles now. It feels like a total different truck now, tranny shift's are crisp now. I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't changed theirs in a while. It's definitely worth the 10 mins and $10.

Wow Jeff... I've been changing mine at 12-15k (every other oil change). Bet you'll do yours sooner next time:D now that you see the difference.

LOL, yeah you need to change the spin on filter a bit more often than 55k.
They should be changed approximately every 25K, which reminds me its about time to do mine:doh:

I change my spin on Allison filter every 5000 miles. The transmission guy that built my tranny, suggested changing it every 5000. I do oil change every 10,000 with Amsoil. I could probably extend the oil change according to my oil analysis, but I tow pretty heavy most of the time.

Its a cheap insurance to do it at 5k intervals but if you go 10-15k you should be ok 25k is ok too.

Can you let me know what amsoil and filter number yoou are running for the 10K change?? or where to get them please..thanks

Let me know what your truck specifics and I'll be glad to help with any questions you miht have.

Shoot me a PM if you like.

Ashton

Back