• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got my Lift in..

I saw a BEAUTIFUL fully restored 1972 3/4 fullsize black chevy PU today It was Mint. I would sell the Lemon in a heartbeat for that truck although I'm sure it's worth way more than the Lemon.

No not at all but bear in mind the BF's are 12.50s They are a little narrower. A 14.50 might. Also this truck sits a little higher than I rememeber a 4 inch lift sitting. I bought it used and the guy said it was an HD 4 inch which personally I never heard of but it has one more front leaf than a typical 4 inch but I used regular Rancho 4 inch blocks in the rear. The 1 ton chassis are thicker so that might have gien me additional clearance. Even pre lift the truck sat higher than a stock K20 IMHO.

Well, the more i think about it, the more i think i might want the six inch kit. It would give me more front driveline clearance and I am certain the tires wouldn't rub.

It SUCKS so much that no one makes those wheels anymore and the only ones that can be found used are 16.5 and tires for those are becoming obsolete. I love my "redneck" wheels. Nowadays all you can find are "pimp" wheels...No thanks.

It SUCKS so much that no one makes those wheels anymore and the only ones that can be found used are 16.5 and tires for those are becoming obsolete. I love my "redneck" wheels. Nowadays all you can find are "pimp" wheels...No thanks.

It really sucks that no one makes the wheels any more. I've always liked a lot of the older wheels (on the right truck). I guess that there isn't enough of a demand for them, otherwise someone might make reproduction versions. It seems most people are going towards bigger and shiny wheels. I try to keep it simple when it comes to wheels.

I agree Kenny, not many people think like us :thumbsup:

Whats the matter Kenny, don't want 24's w/spinners? Then you'd really be 'big pimpin'!

My favorite is pickup trucks that can get stuck on a curb....

Truck looks great bro, keep up the work!

Kenny that truck looks even better in person. You are right, that does look high for a 4" lift.

You did a fine job and i can't wait to see what you've got in store for it next. :thumbsup:

Camo paint. I can't wait to paint it back CARC Camo. Gotta check the MSDS on that stuff and see how hazardous it is to spray.Still putting ideas together for a turbo. Think I pretty much know which direction I'm goining with that.Gonna most likey lose the 24v but I am definitely keeping the Blackout lights. Those are fun :devil:

I'd forgotten about those wheels until seeing your thread. They're the Western Wheel brand, correct?

Couple years back, someone gave me a set of 4 in the 15x7 size. They're the 5 lug variety so I don't have anything I can use them on.

If anybody has a use for them, I could prolly glass bead them up to look new. Think you can see them hanging on the wall, thru the windshield, on the pic of gauges, etc., in my album.

I "think" they were made by Appliance wheel co. I could not find a name on them. I know western made some really cool wheels as well. I loved western Bullets. Good luck finding a set of those, you'd be better to find gold.

Camo paint. I can't wait to paint it back CARC Camo. Gotta check the MSDS on that stuff and see how hazardous it is to spray.Still putting ideas together for a turbo. Think I pretty much know which direction I'm goining with that.Gonna most likey lose the 24v but I am definitely keeping the Blackout lights. Those are fun :devil:

That's one way to keep tailgaters away huh? Like you told me yesterday when you hit the blackouts and the guy behind you nearly rear ended you. ):h

It'll be harder to see that truck when the entire thing isn't bright white of course.

Back