• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got 'er on the rollers today.

Cumminalong

Doghouse Diesel Performance
Reaction score
Got about 3 hours of time at Hux Racing in Goodwater, AL.

GREAT bunch of folks I must say.

I started out with hardware only and stock tuning with a 387 HP / 685 TQ pull and 29 pulls later I put down a best of 607 HP / 1054 TQ.

Numbers woulda been higher, but the dyno didn't have enough braking to slow the engine enough for my 5000 to get lit.

I was only pushing high 40's for boost because of how fast I was blowing through the RPM's.

Here's the vid and some pics....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHa1DftTt5g

Ontherollers.jpg

StrappedDown.jpg

SmogControl.jpg

29PullsLater.jpg

That's just wild...congrats...

but that sure is a lot of money in mods to break the 600hp barrier...I think I'll stick with 500 for a while :thumbsup:

Keep the cool Pics and Vids coming...you may just talk me into going bigger;)

Congrats.. thats a very impressive number for sure. Must be a wild ride on the street.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those some mighty big numbers for a Cummins? Very impressive!

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those some mighty big numbers for a Cummins? Very impressive!

Actually, you can easily push the stock internals (minus the valve springs) on a Cummins up into the 800's before you need to start looking at internals. Everything else in it is pretty much bullet proof.

Those numbers are actually lower than what I think the truck has in it. We had the dyno brake maxed out and it couldn't hold the engine back enough to let my big turbo get spooled. The entire runs were only 3 seconds and for that big arse 71 mm Aurora 5000 to get fully spooled can take 5 - 6 seconds. So most of what you're seeing is from the small turbo.

I was only showing 48 psi on the 607 / 1054 run and I can easily put down 60 - 72 psi running it on the track.

So, with a bigger dyno and more load, I'm betting it'll push 650 / 1200.

We'll see.

Biggest thing I wanted out of these runs (all 29 that I did) was to see where the curves were and which tunes would yield the flattest, most usuable numbers for the street, for the track,........or just laying down smoke.

Overall it's was a good day and the folks at Hux Racing are really, really nice.

Congrats.. thats a very impressive number for sure. Must be a wild ride on the street.

I can be, if ya get too silly with it.

If I have the Torque Management turned completely off and the race tuning on it, it's pretty unmanageable as a daily driver.

If it's raining outside.......FORGET IT, it spins the tires are every stop light. I had to put it in 4WD one time on this small incline because it was wet and there was a little oil on the road. I just sat there spinning.

Also, with the race tuning, the cruise control is useless. It reacts so fast to throttle inputs that the truck bucks as the ECM tries to make minor speed corrections.

I usually run a much milder tune for day to day driving. Right around the 480 hp mark is where I daily drive it with moderate torque management.

quite impressive to say the least. You know your truck is badass when the Dyno says it can't take anymore.

Awesome Job! And it looks great!

Hell you find a dyno that can handle it and I'd say you can hit 800hp... good lord

It's gettin' there.

The eventual goal is 850 on fuel only and 1000 with a dual shot of nitrous.

I need to get the engine out and do the bottom end....

Balanced crank, billet connecting rods, shave the pistons down to 16:1 and coat them, ARP main and cap studs, Maxspool II or a Hamilton cam and it'll be ready for the fuel only numbers.

I'll need to swap out the 12mm head studs and get it drilled and tapped for 14's to run the nitrous.

Nice #'s, people don't give ATS twins enough credit. We made 607.74/1185.45 on a Dynojet with my brothers truck. I am looking at the graph right now. Here's the truck. Almost the same mods as yours, but single stock CP3 (and no lift pump), Diablo Sport RKL tune, stock intercooler and AFE intake elbow.

Familyandtruck176.jpg

cumminalong you outa PM Wade(I_B_DMAXIN) from "the place", once you get that thing up to 1000, and get to know him. His DMAX is a custom buildup pushing over 1200 hp with NOS and propane injection. He can do some serious damage with that thing.

Chad - That thing is awesome

Nice #'s, people don't give ATS twins enough credit. We made 607.74/1185.45 on a Dynojet with my brothers truck.

Right now, it EASILY has 650 / 1200 in it.

The problem was the rollers only being 24" diameter and the Eddy brake not being strong enough to fully load the engine.

He had 100% brake on it and I had him applying the truck brakes to get the boost up to 20 psi before dumping the throttle. Even on the 607HP run we were only up around 48 psi.

With larger, heavier rollers and a stronger brake, I think the numbers would have reflected more accurately to where they really are.

But, that's neither here nor there, what's on paper is 607/1054. That just makes me want to do more.

I'm pulling the 90 HP sticks and putting in the 200's next week.

I'm also running a true dual feed line to the fuel rail. I spoke with Brett at Industrial Injection and their dual feed line kit that is meant for a single CP3 hook right up to the second CP3.

I'll have the stock pump feeding the bottom of the rail and the LBZ pump feeding the top of the rail.

Go Baby, Go!

industrial injection makes some disgustingly nice stuff. Oh the possibilities.

You should hunt for a strong dyno to really see what that ting can do after you rebuild the bottom end as well.

industrial injection makes some disgustingly nice stuff. Oh the possibilities.

You should hunt for a strong dyno to really see what that ting can do after you rebuild the bottom end as well.

Trust me.... I'm dying to see what she's really got.

I need to get it on Dunbar's dyno. Those big arse 48" rollers he's got are MORE than capable of stalling your truck if he applies a full load to it.

II's stuff is awesome. My dual CP3 setup is from PPE, but they source the parts from II. Yeah, you'll pay a little extra for it, but there is always someone there when you call, even if it's just to ask a question.

Trust me.... I'm dying to see what she's really got.

I need to get it on Dunbar's dyno. Those big arse 48" rollers he's got are MORE than capable of stalling your truck if he applies a full load to it.

yeah...I was looking forward to meeting you at the SC open house and drags event...but things sometimes don't work out as planned...

you ought to try and make the "bash on the bayou in Baton Rouge" on the 25th...

Yeah, I was a little pissed about not being able to make it the SunCoast event.

Baton Rouge probably won't be happening, that's a bit far for me for a dyno day.

They're having another event in South Carolina in a few weeks and I believe Dave is gonna have his dyno at that one, so I'll probably hit that one.

By that time I'll have the new sticks and the dual feed line, so they'll be no issue getting that 5000 lit in a short period of time.

What I really need to do is a put in a switch to force 4th gear. Get it to 4th, lock the TC, force 4th gear and I'd be able to do a full throttle load frm right off idle.

Hmmmm, time to do some wiring.......

Back