• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got Bagged Today

Got Juice?

Recruit
Reaction score
I was not able to get a Pac Brake setup in my timeline, so i went to the tried and true Firestone Ride Rite's.

Loaded up the truck and trailer with the SSL on the back (16K or so on the gooseneck) and took it for a rip.

Damn glad to have the bags on again. 60 PSIG in them, and she rides smooth as silk without hobbyhorsing on the frost heaved asphalt.

Life is good.

sweet, i need to get some sort of air bag set up bad. With these big springs it squats like a sumbitch

I got some. I just put some spacers in today but one of the nipples broke off so I cant put any air in it.

Here's what mine look like.

And yep, thats rust...I love it.

Attachments

• HPIM1040.jpg
    HPIM1040.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 102
im worried about them "buckling" or folding though. I had a set on my last truck and they worked really well for carrying the weight but sometimes they would pinch or give out. Is this just a problem with cheaper bags or what? By the way i dont know what brand these were cause they came with that truck.

funny, i just installed AirLift bags on mine a couple days ago.

love 'em! what kind of PSI do you guys run around town with?

i've got all the stuff to add on-board compressor and tank and a panel that shows PSI in both bags with the ability to fill and purge each one individually. i'll do a good write-up.

when i get the time... :nopity:

I run 25 or so. The ride is terrible. I have no air in there now since one of the nipples broke off.

so have any of you guys had trouble with bags folding or anything while not towing on good roads or slightly offroading?

I run 25# unloaded, and 60 to 70 loaded with the 5th wheel (2000# pin weight). As already stated, makes a big difference!

so have any of you guys had trouble with bags folding or anything while not towing on good roads or slightly offroading?

Not if you keep a minimum of 10 PSIG in them. Remember they will lose air at the rate of .5 psig a day.

My personal preference is the Firestone bags. I have never had a failure with them.

I really really wanted to try the new PACBRAKE setup, but time was not on my side.

So old faithful will have to do!

If anyone has any doubts about airbags, you do want them... this comes from a guy who tows a lot, both GN, 5er and Reciever.

Much more balanced.:cornut:

I need a new nipple for one of mine....! Help...No one around here can help me...:nonod:

I called yesterday and no one had anything available. I'm not sure what else to do.

Are you guys running the fancy in cab remote fill system or do you just fill em up as if they are a tire??

I do need a set bad to help ride and also truck is leveled so this would prob help the rear end while loaded to stay closer to level.

funny, i just installed AirLift bags on mine a couple days ago.

love 'em! what kind of PSI do you guys run around town with?

i've got all the stuff to add on-board compressor and tank and a panel that shows PSI in both bags with the ability to fill and purge each one individually. i'll do a good write-up.

when i get the time... :nopity:

I run 5-7 psi empty. I have the smart control deal in the cab and it maintains the min. psi automatically or what ever psi ya set it for too. Didn't like spending the extra money but in the long run it's worth it. They say if ya run em empty it can damage em.

This is the part I need...I've checked every local place for them and no one can help me.

I did find an air valve but it isnt L shaped so I have no way to squeeze an air line in it.

Attachments

• HPIM1060.jpg
    HPIM1060.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 53
  • HPIM1061.jpg
    HPIM1061.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 36
Ive tried everyone in town to include a large International and Peterbilt dealers and shops and no one has anything of what I'm looking for.

Should I call Air Lift direct?

Back