• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

got a little mad $$

Deere Freek

Recruit
Reaction score
Looking at heaths website trying to spend a little mad money earned from scrap metal. I was curious what the best combination of toys to get. The things i was looking at were

PCM HP4 79hp 171#'s $499
H/O Injectors 43hp $609

I already have a 4" exhaust and 3"dp that just hasn't been installed yet.
and also i wanted to know if i needed the heavy duty lift pump or not.

I already have a high performance air filter and mech wastegate control, boost and a pyro guage.

See anything out of line or know of a more cost efective way?

The way i see it when i'm done this truck will have just as much, if not a hair more hp and torque than a stock lmm dmax. 312hp and 556#'s at the flywheel

thanks in advance
Joel

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't just add hp's like that. You might see 250 or so, but not 300's. That takes a lot more than just add ons. Even so, I think you would be happy with that combo. Lots of guys like the HP4!
I think you are spending your money like I would. I am a bit behind you in the mods department. Even at 250 hp you could keep up to a LMM running empty, just not in a pulling contest.

adding HPs numbers is called ricer math. thats how every 1980s rusted out honda has 300 hp and 400 ft lbs of torque.

other than that i'd say get the HP4 first. the HO injectors will not make a difference without a reflash, and you won't gain exactly what they tell you for HP gains. the HO injectors will not give your truck 40 more HP by just installing them.

need a "feed the beast mod" and ho lift pump as well, FTB is just about free, ho lift is a little more coin, Stuff you see in my sig nets 200+ rwhp, not sure how much + as I a haven't dynoed since adding some more mods my last dyno where I hit 197 rwHp.

Last edited:
The way i see it when i'm done this truck will have just as much, if not a hair more hp and torque than a stock lmm dmax. 312hp and 556#'s at the flywheel

thanks in advance
Joel

Did say at the flywheel....

I remember reading that Heath had something big up its sleeve in the intake department and it was giong to be released at the end of July. I wonder what is being made of this.

312/556 Is nowhere near stock LMM. More like a stock LB7. LMM is rated at 365/660 (IIRC).

And, as said, you'll have a hard time getting up to 300 on bolt-ons only without drugs. You loose about 50-100 through the trans, so, the max of bolt-ons (about 200-215 RWHP, according to my research) is going to be aout 250-315 at the crank. And that's intercooler, Turbo-Master, chip, and exhaust, among other things.

Heath numbers are nominal gains to a otherwise healthy engine at the flywheel, not every engine will get posted gains, when you consider 50-60 hp lost across a driveline, for mine I'm guessing 250-280 crank Hp due to 197 hp at last dyno event, possibly more now as I did not have the FTB mod then nor HP4, I was OEM fuel supply and 1st gen HP flash, with a boost fooler & vac system wg, steel fan & Kennedy fan clutch vs Heath I have now that uses less Hp to turn fan later than Kennedy but before a OEM clutchkicks in, 4" Heath exhaust vs 3.5 " Banks exhaust, also now have the non wastegated Chinese turbo feels like about 20-30 Hp seat of pant gain there maybe another 15 or so Hp at rear wheel. Exisitng engine health (worn IP etc.) comes into play as to what one will get at rear wheel.

Last edited:
Even if the mods did do the same, you're not going to get 120 horses from HO injectors and a chip. Numbers don't add up that way. Like everyone else said, that's called ricer math, and how they get 400 horses, but they also add 10 horses for every sticker, and a K&N sticker is worth 50 alone.

Alot of people think these engines are capable of computer tune's like the D-Max's are... 120hp reprograms are an actuality with the Duramax... not the case with the 6.5.

True, everyone asks me when they see my truck whem I'm gonna get a banks or edge programmer and I have to tell them It's a dino and that stuff doesn't exist. On the same note, My EFI Live is just collecting dust now.

don't forget about Duramax emblems on the doors you need to look the part, lots of go fast

Nope I like the 6.5 Hummer badges on mine and when I smoke a stock early model Dmax, Stroke, Cummins I get to show em it's just one of those POS 6.5 gasser conversion engines you hear about (see the 6.5 badge) and never let on to anything else, so they go off to wonder what is broken on theirs that an old Dinosaur IDI Diesel gave em an even run for their money.

Back