• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Goose Neck Trailer and Lifted Truck

Duramaxin 41

I'm Confused
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could pull a goose neck trailer with my truck (of course I know that the Duramax can handle it). I have a 07 Chevy 2500HD Crewcab 4x4 with a 6" lift and running 35x12.50x18E tires on it. I was told one time that some of the goose necks have adjustments on the neck for taller trucks but I'm not sure how much adjustment or if that statement is even true. Also, the hitch, (I would go with a B&W Turn-Over Ball) do you have to install it differently due to the fact that my truck is the short bed version and I have a tool box in the back of the truck?

Should be no problem. I tow a GN trailer with my truck, lifted about 6in and running 35's

I was wondering if I could pull a goose neck trailer with my truck (of course I know that the Duramax can handle it). I have a 07 Chevy 2500HD Crewcab 4x4 with a 6" lift and running 35x12.50x18E tires on it. I was told one time that some of the goose necks have adjustments on the neck for taller trucks but I'm not sure how much adjustment or if that statement is even true. Also, the hitch, (I would go with a B&W Turn-Over Ball) do you have to install it differently due to the fact that my truck is the short bed version and I have a tool box in the back of the truck?

Just order the right B&W for your application and it wont matter what size bed you have. It should work, though.

You should be good. Adjust the neck on the trailer if its too much nose up. and try to keep about 6" in between the top of the bed rail and bottom of the gooseneck. Dont wanna ruin that bed:thumbsup:. Not saying you have to just a good rule of thumb

Back