• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Google led me here

Hobie1dog

Ineffective Thinker
Reaction score
I made my first post after finding the thread on how to remove the armrest on my 94 Suburban seats. I had been a member of FSC, and Garage Journal forums for 10 years, but never knew about this one.
I was a multi-craft mechanic specializing in HVAC and refrigeration for25 years. Also worked as a pipe organ builder for 7 years, just done a lot of stuff through the years. 3 years ago I got bit by fire ants which caused my immune system to attack my nerves in my arms and legs destroying 95% of them. Since the nerves tell the muscles what to do, I lost about 50% of the muscles there. So now I can barely walk, can't pull apart a zip lock bag, and have the physical body of a 90 year old, all at age 61.
The most frustrating part is trying to get people to help me with mechanical things, as everyone seems consumed with their own lives. I bought an identical set of light gray velour Suburban seats recently so that I can put them on my two powerchairs. The Suburban seats are the most comfortable seats in my life. I lost the muscles that cushion your sitting bones, but those stock Chevy seats are somehow perfect for me now. I have been looking all over for a 10mm offset wrench that is required to get to two of the bolts that hold the seat to the base. Once I get the stock base off, then I can adapt it over and replace the stock bucket seat/ captains chair. I just came from Northern Tools and they didn't have one. I'm a stubborn old fart, and I will find one soon, off to Lowes I go.

Marty

Welcome. A little far from me but I'm sure we have some members around that would love to give you a hand. Enjoy it here, we've got a great community.

Back