• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

jeffjbar

Recruit
Reaction score
Just put on a set of 285 75 16's on PYO's. I took off what came on the truck when I bought it which was some off brand 33 12.5 16.5. The stance is a little taller but the tire is not as wide, maybe an 1" or so narrower. Overall I like the look alot more and the other tires were worn so bad that the ride is a huge improvement. I know it is on a gasser and not diesel but it is what I have. I will keep track with the mileage and wear on the tires and update this post about it.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 25
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 25
I was never a really big fan of Goodyear tires, but when I bought this Ram, it had on these same tires on it (265/70/17) with a good amount of of meat left on them (about 90%). I have had the truck for about a month now and have put on just shy of 3000 miles on it and I have to say I am pretty happy with these tires so far. They are a pretty quiet tire on the highway which is a nice thing. Also I don't know how much off road driving you do, but I drive a decent amount off road six days a week for work and the last few days have been pretty soggy. Pulled a buddy out on Saturday who was buried up to the frame (actually his hitch ball was about 2 inches buried itself) and the tires gave great traction and was able to pull him out. I think you'll be really happy with these tires.

These are the same tires I put on my truck last year. I love them.
They're quiet and look great. Something about the build keeps the tire tread flat too, like if you run lower pressure.

They are quiet, but I notice that I seem to float a little on the road. I kind of expected it with the 285's but I have read that it will either go away or I will get used to it and not notice anymore.

I'm not getting that at all with mine. I tow constantly too...work trailer during the week and 37' RV trailer on the weekends out.
It tracks straight as can be and a very comfortable ride.

The ride does seem soft and smooth, but the truck will sort of float around. I am not sure exactly how to explain. Of course I haven't towed anything with them yet and I will see how that works out sometime next week.

That tire rides and handles well and is quiet on the highway. It's also very good in winter snow and hardpacked snow/ice/slushy roads. When new the back end wallowed around and seemed almost disconnected to the front. After a lot of juggling with tire pressures, that was lessened but never eliminated. Plus you get used to it. The real downside is that they wear out fast. It's rated for 50K miles but the first set was completely gone in 28,000 miles. I only replaced them with another set because they were pro rated and gave me a big discount. Second set was the newer Pro-Grade which is supposed to last longer. Not much.......after about 25K miles they were down to 5 and 6/32". Now 5/32 may be road legal, but it's not safe on even a slight dusting of snow, or in the rain. I didn't want a third set.

They should firm up once you get a few miles on them. The tires have to go through a few heat cycles.

I absolutely love these tires. I have the 265/75 16 E tires. They were awesome in the snow and ice. I would buy them again in a heartbeat!

Back